Suddenly... Three different problems.

Wes Westhaver

My ISY994i has begun to exhibit a few problems:

1) It displays a "Not Found" message twice when launching (two pop-ups). (See screen capture)
But after clearing the two pop-up dialogs, the admin console launches.

2) It won't let me create new folders. (See screen capture)
Sometimes a pop-up appears and other times creating a new folder produces no response at all.

3) It won't let me create new scenes. (See screen capture)
Sometimes a pop-up appears and other times creating a new scene produces no response at all.

I was able to add a new Z-Wave module successfully (this is what brought me into the admin console today.)

Not sure what has changed but something's not right.

I restored from a recent backup but no improvement. Any help would be appreciated.

-Wes

Edited by Wes Westhaver

Do you have the PRO module? That expands the size of the modules,scenes and program data memory size? It almost looks like you may have hit the limit. There is a way in the Administrative Console. To condense the database by removing data marked as no longer used and just filling an entry.

Power supplies have also been known to start things strange happening. You may want to try a supply. I know it fixed issues for me and others here.

Edited by Brian H
add something
  • Like 1

to add to  @Brian H comments, the fastest way to know if you have Pro vs non-pro is to look at the admin console ribbon... if you see these two buttons at the end of the ribbon image.png.a50aed666ffe3107268aab4378e0de77.png you have pro, if they are missing you have non-pro.  The second fastest way to check is Help>About.... the section about product will contain the word "pro" probably on the first line of that section.

If you don't have pro, it can't be added anymore because the 994 is deprecated. 

1 hour ago, Wes Westhaver said:

I don't believe I have the PRO version of the ISY994i. (See screen capture)

I am running the Admin Console under Ubuntu Linux using IcedTea. So, I don't have access to the Java Console the way Windows users do. Maybe someone can tell me how to make the Java memory adjustments on my Linux system?

-Wes

Actually, you do.  I use IcedTea with Fedora Linux and have it configured to always open the console when I launch the Admin Console.  I don't remember how I configured it to do that, but google probably knows.  I seem to remember adjusting memory limits as well, but I'd need to google how to do that as well.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Wes Westhaver said:

OK. So "IoX Finder" is a later version of the application? But what the heck is it looking for that it can't find (twice no less)?

The error message is just about useless in diagnosing the problem. (See screen capture) If I had ever released software with such a useless error message I would have lost my job.

-Wes

I communicated with support yesterday about this issue. There was supposed to be a behind the scene fix for this issue last night.

I haven't attempted to do this yet this morning, but what needs to be done is the following:

1. Clear Java cache - check all 3 boxes to delete files and applications.

2. Download a new start.jnlp from UD - the link is in the wiki.

3. Run start.jnlp and the IoX Finder should be added to your desktop.

31 minutes ago, DennisC said:

I communicated with support yesterday about this issue. There was supposed to be a behind the scene fix for this issue last night.

I haven't attempted to do this yet this morning, but what needs to be done is the following:

1. Clear Java cache - check all 3 boxes to delete files and applications.

2. Download a new start.jnlp from UD - the link is in the wiki.

3. Run start.jnlp and the IoX Finder should be added to your desktop.

I tried the fix this morning and it is not working. I have informed support.

I am having the same problems.  Cleared the java cache, all three boxes. Downloaded fresh start.jnlp. I am getting the "not found" error but am unable to open the admin console even though it displays my ISY.

I rebooted the ISY, no change. I can log in to the admin console over the portal, and UD Mobile seems to work fine.

I had not logged in to the admin console in several weeks, so I can't say when the problem might have started.

MacOS

2 hours ago, maxnorth said:

I am having the same problems.  Cleared the java cache, all three boxes. Downloaded fresh start.jnlp. I am getting the "not found" error but am unable to open the admin console even though it displays my ISY.

I rebooted the ISY, no change. I can log in to the admin console over the portal, and UD Mobile seems to work fine.

I had not logged in to the admin console in several weeks, so I can't say when the problem might have started.

MacOS

Edit: This has magically started working again for me.  No errors. Both LAN and Cloud options.