ioX finder finds a device that reports "not found"

nowandthen
Go to solution Solved by Techman,

The IoX finder would only find my isy994i. Now that I have moved on to the eisy, the finder finds 2 items. When loaded, it reports as "not found". This is the first listing "https://eisy.local:8443/desc". I have to hit "OK" to the popup before I select the second listing which brings up the console. I can't delete the first listing. How do I correct or delete this behavior?

30 minutes ago, DennisC said:

The fix is in the start.jnlp file. It needs version numbers that are stored there and allows IoX Launcher to match the version of firmware.

I don't believe that is how it works.  The jnlp file is akin to an executable file and it not modified when run.  It does store information that should be deleted by the clearing cache/deleting files exercise; but the start.jnlp file itself appears to be the same as it was when last downloaded.

Edit:  If you're saying UDI made a recent change to the start.jnlp file then I follow you.

Edited by gzahar
7 hours ago, gzahar said:

I don't believe that is how it works.  The jnlp file is akin to an executable file and it not modified when run.  It does store information that should be deleted by the clearing cache/deleting files exercise; but the start.jnlp file itself appears to be the same as it was when last downloaded.

Edit:  If you're saying UDI made a recent change to the start.jnlp file then I follow you.

@gzahar,  UDI did make changes to start.jnpl to get rid of the error message.

• Like 3
8 hours ago, kalman8 said:

but it does not stop the 2nd entry from appearing.

It wasn't supposed to stop that from happening, since it is a normal condition.

There were issues with the discovery process and UD made improvements in how IoX Launcher discovers eisy/Polisy. If it finds the device by local host and IP address, they will both be listed and both will work.

Since this is normal, it shouldn't be of concern.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, kalman8 said:

k just strange since this just started a few days ago.

been using UD with insteon for over 10 years.

There were issues with the discovery process and UD made improvements in how IoX Launcher discovers eisy/Polisy.

Which is why a new start.jnlp needed to be downloaded.

Edited by DennisC
Added info
  • Like 1