Have to restart often.

4481hoods

sudo find / -name myq*.*

1 hour ago, bigDvette said:

So I just took a shot at fixing myself.  

ssh in to device

sudo find . -name myq*.*

find location of myqapi.py in list (

sudo cp {location of myqapi.py}/myqapi.py {location of myqapi.py}/myqapi.py.bk (make backup in case)

sudo vi {location of myqapi.py}/myqapi.py

There are 2 instance of the below line

"User-Agent": "null"^M

Find then and change them toi

"User-Agent": str("{sometexthere}")^M

(I used /Agent to find it, went over before "null" and typed i, then typed str("{sometexthere}") and hit esc key, then d {right arrow key} x 6, :qw, restarted nodeserver

obviously {sometexthere} is whatever random text you want to use

Essentially same as I did for my homeassitant plugin.    Should be able to work around.  Maybe we need a new config variable with ability to define a unique user_agent and it get put in instead of "null".  No idea.

But I'm working again.

That seems to be working for me too. 

• Like 1

I have added User-Agent headers to both the oAuth calls and the REST API calls and it is working. I am in the east, but I’m not exactly sure how the load balancing works or if your geographical region has anything to do with. The oAuth servers are a partner company and not Chamberlain.

The concern is that Chamberlain will start using the User-Agent to block particular integrations, so I am adding a facility to allow me to simply change the User-Agent value on the fly without needing a new version of the node server to be packaged and uploaded. Should be done and released in version 3.2.22 tonight.

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, Goose66 said:

I have added User-Agent headers to both the oAuth calls and the REST API calls and it is working. I am in the east, but I’m not exactly sure how the load balancing works or if your geographical region has anything to do with. The oAuth servers are a partner company and not Chamberlain.

The concern is that Chamberlain will start using the User-Agent to block particular integrations, so I am adding a facility to allow me to simply change the User-Agent value on the fly without needing a new version of the node server to be packaged and uploaded. Should be done and released in version 3.2.22 tonight.

Awesome, how about about doing the User-Agent as an optional variable in the PG3 web interface? 

58 minutes ago, jkosharek said:

Awesome, how about about doing the User-Agent as an optional variable in the PG3 web interface? 

I thought about that, but the problem is that if a specific value was required to work, we would have to communicate with every user on how to add it to their installation, and then if the value was required to change to a different value (or, say, needed to be randomized) then we would have to both roll out a new version and communicate to every user that they needed to remove any value they currently have configured.

That said, I thought I had found a way to update the value used in the Node Server Store and then have all the installed node servers pick up the value on restart, but it looks like it won't work as I expected. If that is indeed the case, I guess a Custom Configuration Parameter settable by each user might be the best available choice.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Goose66 said:

Sorry guys. I had it all (at least mostly) working and but now PG3 has completely died. Cannot get to the UI or IoX on my Polisy. Restarting the Polisy remotely did not help. And since I am remote, my options are rather limited. I will be back local on Sunday evening, and I can look at it then.

Thanks for working on it  Many times my eisy has to be unplugged to reboot correctly, have not chased that down.

• Like 1

While I lost remote connectivity to my Polisy, the reboot was evidently successful, PG3 and the MyQ node server restarted, and the MyQ node server ran for three days without any 403 errors or other authentication or connectivity problems. It also restarted successfully tonight when I got back to my development box. So I have uploaded new v3.2.22  of the node server that should take care of the User-Agent issue for now.

I note that there is still conversations over on the arraylabs/pymq Github repository regarding folks still having problems in HA, so I will keep an eye on it. Also, the User-Agent value is user configurable in this version, but I didn't put any references in the instructions or release notes to that. Let's keep that under wraps until we need it. There is a new version of PG3x coming out that should have a way for me to change the User-Agent and potentially other auth values (e.g., application key) remotely across all installed node servers, so maybe that will be out and in widespread use before we need to mess with all this again.

Thanks for your patience.

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, Goose66 said:

While I lost remote connectivity to my Polisy, the reboot was evidently successful, PG3 and the MyQ node server restarted, and the MyQ node server ran for three days without any 403 errors or other authentication or connectivity problems. It also restarted successfully tonight when I got back to my development box. So I have uploaded new v3.2.22  of the node server that should take care of the User-Agent issue for now.

I note that there is still conversations over on the arraylabs/pymq Github repository regarding folks still having problems in HA, so I will keep an eye on it. Also, the User-Agent value is user configurable in this version, but I didn't put any references in the instructions or release notes to that. Let's keep that under wraps until we need it. There is a new version of PG3x coming out that should have a way for me to change the User-Agent and potentially other auth values (e.g., application key) remotely across all installed node servers, so maybe that will be out and in widespread use before we need to mess with all this again.

Thanks for your patience.

Does it take some time for the update to become accessible?  I'm still not seeing how to update.

image.thumb.png.229cf8b643f9a3bfebda6793f408b40d.png

17 minutes ago, Goose66 said:

Try refreshing your Node Server Store. I was able to update it on my production Polisy in my home.

Ok That worked in that I can see it in the change log and if I go to the node server itself but I still don't see how to to actually update to it.  Sorry if I'm being dense.  I tried restarted the NS.  That didn't do it.

Every button I fond that says UPDATE takes me to the screenshot below... where there is no option to update.  I have already purchased the the NS.image.thumb.png.e24abd9a7d645f8ab14151fcd3355e26.png

Edited by bcdavis75
11 hours ago, Goose66 said:

Ok, try again. I had changed the "edition" of the node server from "Free" to "Standard" thinking I was fixing an error, but when I saw your screenprint it occurred to me that it may mean people can't update. 

@drprm1 Since your Update worked, please check that you weren't charged for it. If you were, I will work with @Michel Kohanim to arrange a refund.

All good now.  Thanks!

12 hours ago, Goose66 said:

Crap. That shouldn't be "Purchase," it should be "Update." Let me look again.

My MyQ Node displayed blue(ish) notification that there was an update, I then went to Purchases, selected Update (under the subscription one) and it seems to have been updated and stable. Odd even after it was updated, on the Purchases tab it still says Update.

I thought when there was an update for a node it showed up as a button on the Node details page.

3 hours ago, jkosharek said:

My MyQ Node displayed blue(ish) notification that there was an update, I then went to Purchases, selected Update (under the subscription one) and it seems to have been updated and stable. Odd even after it was updated, on the Purchases tab it still says Update.

I thought when there was an update for a node it showed up as a button on the Node details page.

You may need to refresh your Node Server Store. Yes, there usually is an "Update" button on the node server details page when an update is available for a node server.

20 minutes ago, oneklakes said:

@Goose66

Just sent it.

So you weren't getting the same 403 error that was present in the original issue. You are getting "HTTPSConnectionPool(host='partner-identity.myq-cloud.com', port=443): Read timed out. (read timeout=12.05)" error. This generally means either your network is down or the partner oAuth server is down or busy. What's more, after upgrading to 3.2.22, it appears (from your log file) it only tried four times (over 4 minutes) before the node server was shut down. Try starting it again and seeing if it can connect now.

Just now, oneklakes said:

@Goose66 I restarted it again and it's working now. I did restart it after I installed the update. I was getting the 403 error last week. Thanks for reviewing my log file.

I think (or hope) that it was just unfortunate timing. This is only a warning, and the node server will retry the connection every long-poll interval (default 60 seconds) until it is reconnected.