PG3 Kasa TP-Link Node Server 3.1.4

1 minute ago, Ross said:

Kasa NS also showing disconnected for me.

Mine does as well. It thinks it is running too 'Plugin Start: Already running.' Also after the last update/reboot the node can't get to the logs when I try to download logs: 

PG3x Version 3.2.16
Frontend Version: 3.2.16
IoX Version: 5.7.1   Connected
Uptime: 7 Hour(s) 57 Minute(s) 1 Second(s)
(c) 2023 UDI
Getting Started

File not found: /var/polyglot/pg3/ns/0021b9025fc4_2/logs/debug.log

@Jimbo.Automates Support had me install the dev packages from the admin Console | Configuration tab | click on Install Dev Packages. Once done, remove Kasa and then reinstall it again. Ignore all timeout errors as it might take up to 15 minutes. After 15min it shows as connected now and my 52 devices are added in the node and in the Admin console but they are fubar, even after an Admin Console restart and even after a EISY reboot:

image.thumb.png.6c94490a73ad912dfb07aa033bbff000.png

I tried deleting a couple from the node server that I don't have configured in programs and in UD Mobile to see if that changes anything, after restarts of the AC and EISY still fubar. None of the new nodes match up to the previous devices in programs or configured in UD mobile.

Once this Node is fixed am I going to have to configure 100's of devices throughout the AC and UD Mobile?

8 minutes ago, jkosharek said:

Once this Node is fixed am I going to have to configure 100's of devices throughout the AC and UD Mobile?

No you shouldn't for UDM as long as you don't re-sync until it's all fixed.  For the AC it's possible, I would not recommend deleting the node server since that can remove the nodes from any scenes, but your programs should be fine.  Before ever deleting a node server, create a backup.

Please select the "Kasa Controller" node, click "Update Profile", then close/open the AC and see if they look correct.

• Thanks 1
9 minutes ago, Jimbo.Automates said:

Released 3.1.2 which backs up to a previous version of python-kasa library which is what causes all the install issues.  Once those can be figured out I will release a new version.

Released 3.1.2 seems to be ok. @Jimbo.Automates Can you clarify how the 'Current Power' should behave? Should it be updating on some regular short refresh period, or in almost real-time, or does it have to be queried to get an update from the device?

2 minutes ago, jkosharek said:

Released 3.1.2 seems to be ok. @Jimbo.Automates Can you clarify how the 'Current Power' should behave? Should it be updating on some regular short refresh period, or in almost real-time, or does it have to be queried to get an update from the device?

Energy values are updated on the long poll intervals only, there is no real time updating from Kasa.

2 hours ago, Jimbo.Automates said:

The Polyglot Version 3 Node Server for Kasa TP-Link 3.1.3 is released.  See the Release Notes for all information.

IMPORTANT: You must have the latest updates released 12/03/2023 for this to install.  If you are not sure, please 'Update Modules' and reboot when complete before installing.  Thanks to @Michel Kohanim for the fixes.

Sorry, I am still learning my way around Polyglot, so hopefully this isn't in a FAQ somewhere.

I should be on the latest version of everything (IoX v5.7.1, PG3x v3.2.16) but I only see Kasa 3.1.2 available in the Plugins Store. Restarting does nothing to change that (still shows 3.1.2 [Production] installed). To confirm, when you say 'Update Modules," is that the same as "Upgrade Packages" from the IoX Configuration tab, or do you mean something else?

Is there a target version of something that I'm trying to hit? I see some folks talking about 5.7.1_07 in the IoX 5.7.1 thread, but that seems buggy from what folks are posting in the IoX 5.7.1 thread.

Thanks!

9 hours ago, Merlin said:

I only see Kasa 3.1.2 available in the Plugins Store

You might need to hit "Refresh Store" at the top of the page. It only updates the list automatically on a schedule within PG3. 

Updating plugins is only performed through the Polyglot web access. It does not update them when running "Upgrade Packages" in the IoX admin console. 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Merlin said:

To confirm, when you say 'Update Modules," is that the same as "Upgrade Packages" from the IoX Configuration tab, or do you mean something else?

Sorry, yes I meant upgrade packages.

10 hours ago, Merlin said:

Is there a target version of something that I'm trying to hit? I see some folks talking about 5.7.1_07 in the IoX 5.7.1 thread, but that seems buggy from what folks are posting in the IoX 5.7.1 thread.

It's not the IoX version, it's the udx version 3.5.4_2 that confirms you are up to date.

On 11/28/2023 at 5:00 PM, Jimbo.Automates said:

Energy values are updated on the long poll intervals only, there is no real time updating from Kasa.

@Jimbo.Automates I have Kasa Smart Wi-Fi Power Strips (HS300) and the individual outlet 'Current Power' doesn't update on the 'longPoll' and also doesn't update on a query all. It updates if I go into the individual outlet and select query.

Just now, Jimbo.Automates said:

Did it work with previous versions?

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Mixed results, but most of the time a query all would update all the outlets watts data. I have the UD Mobile button setup that way so I could see the current usage of all the outlets on a strip. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Geddy said:

Try here: https://eisy.local:8443/WEB/sysconfig.txt

If not on eisy remove that and put "polisy". If the qualified domain doesn't work try the IP of your device in place of "device.local"

Thanks. Yeah, I am on eisy now (upgraded from ISY994 last month).

Looks like I am on udx-3.5.4 (not 3.5.4_2), isy-5.7.1_2, and pg3x-3.2.16.

So it seems like I need to do an upgrade packages to get udx-3.5.4_2; though that may also move me to 5.7.1_07 which folks are reporting as buggy. Is that just the way it's done, or is there a way we can upgrade specific packages? Does it make sense to do so?

Edited by Merlin
fixed typo