Portal license expiring - what to expect

CBPetrovic
Go to solution Solved by Michel Kohanim,

I use my ISY994i successfully with Home Assistant. I recently received a message from UD, saying my portal license is expiring. 

I have only one question, which is, when the license expires will my local installation stop working?

Searching through the entries in  this forum revealed nothing relating to license expiry and continued operation of my local setup.

The portal gives you access to your ISY through via a secure connection through the UD servers.  This means you can access your ISY from outside your home without opening ports through your firewall.  It also allows you to integrate with Alexa, Google, and IFTTT.  So without the portal, that is what goes away.  But frankly, it is so cheap I don't know why you wouldn't get it.

Thanks for the response/answer.  Point is that the ISY994i 1s an extension of my Home Assistant setup, and so the portal was never used for external access to the UD controller.  The external access I need is via the means supplied by Home Assistant, and the ISY994i controller does not need external access. The integrations mentioned are also available through Home Assistant.  As long as the local devices continue to function, all remains good.

Cheap or not, I don't find a use for the portal, and even at $40/year, it's an expense I can eliminate.

Living on a retired person's budget forces one to look at all expenses.