eisy ZMatter no status from Schlage locks (BE469ZP)

gweempose

I just set up a brand new eisy configuration from scratch in a new home. It is running the latest version of the firmware (5.7.0). Everything seems to be working great, including my two Z-Wave locks. The problem, however, is that the eisy is not receiving status updates from the locks. If I initiate a lock or unlock command from the eisy, the status will update, but if I lock or unlock the deadbolt manually, the status does not change. This is a problem because I have an auto-lock program that requires real-time status updates from the lock in order to function properly.

I tried doing a network heal as well as a synchronize with interview. Neither of these things fixed the problem. At my old house, I was running a 994 with a 300 Z-Wave board and it worked perfectly with these same Schlage locks. Is there anything I can do to fix this issue?

Here's a photo of my setup:

image.thumb.jpeg.ebab25c6671c033f0595c493184b4ed2.jpeg

Attach the Zigbee antenna, as the RF from the unconnected port could be causing a problem.

If the Zwave antenna is located close to a copper pipe or metal duct it could interfere with the Zwave RF signal. Try relocating the Zmatter enclosure using a USB extension cable.

• Like 1
22 hours ago, gweempose said:

This is the auto-lock program I was running at my old house:

image.thumb.png.90633141c9dc6b85b73f20d5c904d536.png

If I am unable to get the status updates from the lock to work, is there any way I can tweak this program so that it will still work reliably on the eisy?

I was using a very similar setup (BE469/300 Series/ISY994) that worked reasonably well.  I upgraded to the 500 series dongle on the ISY and things went downhill.  Tried a 700 series Z-Stick on Home Assistant and it failed miserably.  Upgraded the locks and everything worked.

The 300 series BE469 is marginal at best on send and receive.  If you happen to have a steel entry door, you are already at a disadvantage.   I hope Techman's suggestions work, but in my experience, you are fighting a loosing battle with that lock.

If your lock responds to commands from the Eisy, I would eliminate the "If - Status Z-Wave/Lock - Front Door is unlocked" qualifier.  You will be triggering when the Elk indicates the door status changes to "closed".  You will not detect a local lock/unlock.  Not optimal, but you will have some functionality.

• Like 1

I also have an issue with my front door lock, a Kwikset Smartcode 916.  I have a 10 minute delay before locking, and this works...most times. Sometimes it doesn't.

I had the same lock on my basement door. The front door is north-facing, but the basement door is south-facing.  The Kwikset lock has an all-glass front.  The rear door's glass started degrading over time.  I replaced this with a ULTRALOQ U-Bolt Z-Wave, the cheaper model (not the Pro).  This seems to work well. 

I'm thinking of replacing my Kwikset with another ULTRALOQ U-Bolt Z-Wave. 

Warning: They say that all you have to do is change out the lock, but the the lock did not align with the latch. Then when I used their latch, I mis-installed the plate they give for the latch, by a tiny bit.  I then had to go out and buy a different latch plate, and install that.  Took well over a day to do.  Multiple days. 

By the way, there's a sale on the Ultraloq. You can get the one I got for $127.29, and I paid $159 for it.

• Like 1

I have the same problem with the BE469ZP.  I have a Yolink open/close door sensor and a program that waits 3 minutes after the door status changes to closed to query the lock.  I programmed the lock to auto-lock so this updates the lock status and battery level in EISY.  Someone else posted this idea in the forum and it's the only thing that works for me.

These locks are quite expensive so it's disappointing we can't get status updates from them.

• Like 1

Yes, and these are very hard to test, unless they fail all the time.  My front lock fails only...sometimes.  I realize when going to bed and walking past the front door, that it's unlocked.

The auto-lock feature is okay, except that I have a program for our basement door that does not lock the door for something like 3 hours.  This is because we're in and out of the door too much, say having people over, or doing work that involves tools (and the basement is where we keep tools). 

For a "normal" door, this works well.

• Like 1

I also just purchased a Schlage Lock  BE469ZP and have seen the long query updates happen.

Mostly if someone is manually turning the lock, a status update does not seem to go out from the lock.   It waits for a query to happen.     I set up a program to query every 15 mins and seemed to fill the gap for me, but I noticed that battery level has dropped 15% in a 2 week process.   Not sue if the excessive query is causing the drain.

So if some comes in with a code, I believe that lock sends a status up date, but I do not have enough traffic coming Inbound to test.  Most of my traffic is unlocking the door from the inside manually, to answer the door, check snail mail, and walk the dog.  Even when I manually lock the door, no status update is being passed that I can tell.   

I did set up a program when the house is closing up, to query and if unlocked, send me a notice and lock the door.    That helps answer my wifes question... "Did you lock the Front door??"  

Not sure if any of this anecdotal observations help...

• Like 1
On 10/12/2023 at 1:03 AM, Dunty said:

Mostly if someone is manually turning the lock, a status update does not seem to go out from the lock.   It waits for a query to happen.     I set up a program to query every 15 mins and seemed to fill the gap for me ...

I hadn't thought about forcing a query. This could possibly be a workaround to my problem. I could write a program that queries the lock any time the door is opened. That, in conjunction with my original program, might just do the trick.

7 hours ago, gweempose said:

I can't figure out how to add a forced device query to a program (i.e. if the door is open, then query the lock). Is this possible?

Query is available for the Then portion of a program. I'm not in front of a computer to tell you exactly where, but should be easy to find if you look through the available options.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, DennisC said:

Query is available for the Then portion of a program. I'm not in front of a computer to tell you exactly where, but should be easy to find if you look through the available options.

D'oh! I knew I must have been missing something obvious. Thanks!

Have you manually tried querying the lock from the admin console?  When I try this, I click "Query"...then nothing happens.  That is, there's no indication that a query is doing anything.

So, the idea is that you query the lock every so often (15/30 minutes), and then would lock if unlocked?

My problem seems to be more intermittent.  For instance, I can see the admin console on a computer from where my front door is.  I went and unlocked the front door, and the status basically immediately updated.  Then I locked the front door, and again the status immediately updated. 

But sometimes I walk past the door and the door is unlocked.  The only time we go out the front door is to walk the dog, so someone took the dog for a walk, and the front door never locked.

And I've blanketed the area around the front lock with Zwave devices that are mainly there just to communicate with the lock.  And I bought the IoX and moved it closer to this lock.  That definitely helped, but I don't think it's cured it.

I did buy the other lock, but I could theoretically use it elsewhere if the current lock would work correctly. 

OK, I'm trying to set up a program that will let me know when the front door is unlocked due to no status update.  I have a program that is the following:

If front door lock status is unlocked

then wait 15 minutes and set front door lock to lock

This is called "Front door normal".  I'd like to set up a program like this (pseudocode):

If "front door normal" program is not running AND every 30 minutes
then
query the front door lock
if the front door lock status is unlocked, generate an error message

The "If 'front door normal" program is not running" is there to prevent the program from accidentally querying when there is a status update and the program is running correctly.

I can see how to do this part:  "If program 'front door normal' is False" should work, I think.

One problem is that I see no way to schedule a query every 30 minutes.  The only thing under "schedule" is "time is" and then a time.  There's no way I've found to schedule something to happen every so often.

The second problem is that I don't know how to generate an error message.  There's a "notify", but the only selection is "default", and I don't know where to set that or how to get that to notify me. 

44 minutes ago, ctviggen1 said:

One problem is that I see no way to schedule a query every 30 minutes.  The only thing under "schedule" is "time is" and then a time.  There's no way I've found to schedule something to happen every so often.

The second problem is that I don't know how to generate an error message.  There's a "notify", but the only selection is "default", and I don't know where to set that or how to get that to notify me.

The following is what I use for polling my outdoor lights.  The If statement you are looking for is "Time is Last Run Time for {program name} + 30 minutes".

You will also need to make sure that "run at startup" is checked in the program "summary tab"

Outside Daytime Poll - [ID 0030][Parent 0002][Run At Startup]

If
        From    Sunrise + 30 minutes
        To      Sunset  - 10 minutes (same day)
    And Time is Last Run Time for 'Outside Daytime Poll' + 20 minutes

Then
        Set 'Outdoor / SC Ouside Night' Query

Else
   - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

On 10/21/2023 at 6:24 AM, ctviggen1 said:

To set up a Notify to, say your email, you need to go to  Configuration --> Email/Notifications --> Setting/Groups

Now when I look at it now..  I have my SMTP Settings  Check Use Default   which before migration to Eisy, I had filled in with my SMTP server and such, but the migration cleared that out and may be using SMTP server from UD.  I may have to change that because sometimes I am getting delays.  

Moving on -- in the Groups area is defined   Default   its Recipients  be an email address.

I created another name under Default and called it   My Phone     It is on the Verizon network and they have text SMTP domain called    @vtext.com     and so my recipient would by my cell phone # and their mail domain .i.e  xxxxxxxxxx@vtext.com        All Cell phone carriers have an SMTP domain for sending Text to phone SMS

I also went to Customizations under the same tab, created a new item. 

NAME                                       Customized Content

Front Door Unlocked               Front Door has been Unlocked          <-- put that in the Subject line and set the bottom to Default Subject

Be sure to hit Save on the bottom..  I overlook that so many times..

Then back into your program add the  Send Notification to 'My Phone" content 'Front Door Unlocked'  to where you need it.

Hope that gives your some ideas..

On 10/21/2023 at 6:09 AM, ctviggen1 said:

Have you manually tried querying the lock from the admin console?  When I try this, I click "Query"...then nothing happens.  That is, there's no indication that a query is doing anything.

When I manually query the lock, either from the admin console, or the UD Mobile app, the status always updates correctly. The status also properly updates after the lock has been locked or unlocked remotely via the eisy. The problem only seems to occur when the lock is controlled manually. In this case, the status simply doesn't change regardless of what state you leave the lock in. 

• 3 weeks later...

My FE599 would receive User number any time the door was unlocked from the out side. I moved over to eisy and Zmatter now I also no longer receive any kind of updates from the locks except from the inside lock and unlock buttons. I have not tried to go back to my Z-wave Z700 yet. Z-matter seams to have lost something. 

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
On 11/12/2023 at 10:21 AM, Kevin said:

My FE599 would receive User number any time the door was unlocked from the out side. I moved over to eisy and Zmatter now I also no longer receive any kind of updates from the locks except from the inside lock and unlock buttons. I have not tried to go back to my Z-wave Z700 yet. Z-matter seams to have lost something. 

I wonder if this is something that can be fixed with a firmware update?

What worked for me was to right click on the device in the AC, go to Z-Wave, Compatibility Mode, then set Compatibility Mode On.  It fixed the exact issue you describe.

The user number shows up under the ZY000_306 "Access Control Alarm" node.

Edited by jec6613