Newb Questions - Insteon and August Smart Lock

I'm new to the ISY family and am setting up my eisy home with a USB PLM for use with Insteon switches. I have my first light switch configured in eisy and now I'd like to set up a program to turn it on/off.

I'd like to have the light turn on when I get home--if it's after sundown. I could use geo-fencing or opening my August Smart Lock (2nd gen with WiFi bridge) to trigger the light.

Can someone tell me if this is a reasonable request and point me in the proper direction for how to go about making this happen?

Thank you very much!

Edited by Wibar
6 hours ago, Wibar said:

Can someone tell me if this is a reasonable request and point me in the proper direction for how to go about making this happen?

Try reading through the ISY Cookbook. While written for the ISY994, the programming concepts are the same. If using node servers, just look in your node server for the proper node address and use that.

http://www.universal-devices.com/docs/production/The+ISY994+Home+Automation+Cookbook.pdf

• Like 1

@Wibar in addition to the suggestion by @Andy P to read through the Wiki the "easiest" way might be to use UD Mobile, setup Geofencing and have the app trigger the program when crossed. 

More info can be found in the wiki, but I think there's a link to a video in a post in the UD Mobile area on the forums somewhere. It's been a while since I looked for it.

@Wibar  the August Lock NodeServer is sort of a beta version (or really maybe alpha version).  I had to do quite a bit of work on mine to get it to work.  I can only hope the problems have been fixed so that it works right off the shelf, so to speak.  if you are having trouble getting it to work, I may be able to help if I can remember what I did but it included some minimal tweaking of the programing.

welcome aboard!