Network/server error logging into MyQ service

Xathros
Go to solution Solved by Goose66,

I'm using the Meross msg100hk.  It also has local control (I'm using HA with it this way at the moment).  It also uses MQTT and can be configured to use a local MQTT broker.  There is a HA integration called Meross Lan available via HACS.  IT is a sealed unit, I'm running it off a solar controller at my gate (USB).  The think I like is it has Native HomeKit if you are using HomeKit (no publishing from HA) and if UDI supported it I probably wouldn't even add it to HA.

i ordered a few...

Just FYI.. you can install the firmware on any wemos d1 mini....so you could play with it, etc.

I did it.. of course it  wont work or anything without the daughter board, but it gives you all the MQTT stuff for maybe building a node server.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

im thinking you would have to do that via a program....would be fairly easy

Since the ratgdo can control lights and etc..add a beeper of some kind if you want..

I dont have any young kids around anymore...so i aint too worried about that.

in the process of creating a node server for this.. why not make it work with ALL HA MQTT messages...

im vert surprised we dont have this already. after playing with this and a few other HA compatible devices, the MQTT stuff is the same from all of them, just a slightly different format from tasmota standard MQTT.

just a thought....might open up alot of new devices, might not...

just tested HA automation on shelly modules...MQTT is all there...just like for the ratgdo...

Edited by EWhite
  • 2 weeks later...

has anyone tried this? looks like it has broad compatibility.. I have their light switches in a second home connected to smartthings / Alexa.. for an ISY install, it would be controlled through Alexa then ISY. 

https://www.amazon.com/meross-Compatible-Assistant-SmartThings-Notification/dp/B084Z5QZR2/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=meross%2Bgarage%2Bopener&qid=1700526837&sr=8-3&th=1

14 hours ago, dbwarner5 said:

has anyone tried this? looks like it has broad compatibility.. I have their light switches in a second home connected to smartthings / Alexa.. for an ISY install, it would be controlled through Alexa then ISY. 

https://www.amazon.com/meross-Compatible-Assistant-SmartThings-Notification/dp/B084Z5QZR2/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=meross%2Bgarage%2Bopener&qid=1700526837&sr=8-3&th=1

no local control....

After reading through these posts, it seems there are a couple front runners for replacement - Yolink and Ratgdo with Ratgdo being preferred. Can someone please offer a comparison of the pros and cons of each and why Ratgdo seems to be preferred?

Edited by gregkinney

It also depends on what features you are looking for. If you only need to be able to open and close, the simplest way is to add a $11 wall pushbutton ((for example Liftmaster: https://www.amazon.com/883LMW-LiftMaster-Button-Control-Security/dp/B07W5RMN56/ref=sr_1_1?crid=2XERV68MZQNDI&keywords=Liftmaster+pushbutton&qid=1701308098&sprefix=liftmaster+push+button+%2Caps%2C102&sr=8-1 ) and a relay (for example, a Zwave relay or Insteon I/O Module).

You wire the push button to the GDO and instead of actually pushing the button, you wire the switch closure contact of the relay, to the Liftmaster pushbutton contact. Locate the pushbutton in an out of the way location.

Then use ISY to add the Zwave relay or Insteon module. 

If you want to see position of the GDO you would need to add a door contact sensor.

Of cause, if you have an Elk M1, it becomes even easier, use an Elk relay.

• Like 1
16 hours ago, DennisC said:

It also depends on what features you are looking for. If you only need to be able to open and close, the simplest way is to add a $11 wall pushbutton ((for example Liftmaster: https://www.amazon.com/883LMW-LiftMaster-Button-Control-Security/dp/B07W5RMN56/ref=sr_1_1?crid=2XERV68MZQNDI&keywords=Liftmaster+pushbutton&qid=1701308098&sprefix=liftmaster+push+button+%2Caps%2C102&sr=8-1 ) and a relay (for example, a Zwave relay or Insteon I/O Module).

You wire the push button to the GDO and instead of actually pushing the button, you wire the switch closure contact of the relay, to the Liftmaster pushbutton contact. Locate the pushbutton in an out of the way location.

Then use ISY to add the Zwave relay or Insteon module. 

If you want to see position of the GDO you would need to add a door contact sensor.

Of cause, if you have an Elk M1, it becomes even easier, use an Elk relay.

this is exactly how I do it for three doors.. wired sensors to elk for door closed sensor and elk output to an extra remote, soldered to provide the closed contact as controlled by ISY.Works well, but not at well as the myQ NS did. 

Challenge for me is at a pole barn where I dont have elk wires and insteon signal is not always dependable, z-wave too far away but I do have wifi so may explore other options that are wifi related.

Agree with what others have said about YoLink.  When YoLink was suggested here I purchased and was very impressed; purchased another for our second dumb opener shortly after getting the first installed.  Resolved some other issues on initiating programs based on door state (turn on garage lights if door is opening dusk to dawn for one example).  This is a great alternative to MyQ.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, MGustin said:

Agree with what others have said about YoLink.  When YoLink was suggested here I purchased and was very impressed; purchased another for our second dumb opener shortly after getting the first installed.  Resolved some other issues on initiating programs based on door state (turn on garage lights if door is opening dusk to dawn for one example).  This is a great alternative to MyQ.

I did the same and am impressed with it so far with some of the things I am playing with. The downside is that it's not a straight local control/connection and I won't put a ton of effort in cloud or hybrid-cloud products without an established open API. Ratgdo is what I will be using once mine arrives :) 

• Like 1
On 11/29/2023 at 10:22 AM, gregkinney said:

After reading through these posts, it seems there are a couple front runners for replacement - Yolink and Ratgdo with Ratgdo being preferred. Can someone please offer a comparison of the pros and cons of each and why Ratgdo seems to be preferred?

I’m using the meross and it has local Mqtt control (no cloud)  once setups. Using with home assistant for now but it also has native HomeKit built in.

• Like 1
On 11/6/2023 at 5:59 PM, Goose66 said:

The ratgdo does connect to Wifi, but it is actually the ratgdo that connects to the Polisy's or eISY's MQTT broker. So as long as there is TCP/IP connectivity between the ratgdo and the Polisy, it would work (even if not on the same LAN segment).

You configure the IP address or .local name of the Polisy/eISY into the ratgdo. The node server simply connects to the MQTT broker on localhost. The node server would probably have the ability to connect to some external MQTT broker, however, for advanced configurations, just like my Tasmota node server does.

Goose, can you clarify that I understand this correctly: Ratdgo hardwired to GDO, and then configured to connect to Pollisy over LAN which needs to have the MQTT plugin running and then the MQTT plug in will report the Ratdgo nodes in the ISY? 

Thanks. 

By the way , according to the developer, RATDGO stands for Rage Against the Garage Door Opener. Brilliant!!!

Edited by dbwarner5
update