UD Mobile: Geo Fencing issue

tmorse305

Hi @Javi

iPhone 12 iOS 16.6.1 set to "Always" location access with Precise Location "enabled" in IOS

UD Mobile 1.1.27

Geo fence radius set to 300

I've been having good luck with the geofence performance since I increased the radius to 300.  Yesterday I had an unusual thing happen, see attached screen shot.  It missed my departure at 13:08 and then upon return it bounced me in and then out.  Maybe my initial departure was in the queue because it was not sent initially?

Any suggestions?

Thank you

Screenshot 2023-10-15 082552.png

I've been having the same enter/exit simultaneous issue for about a month now. I did submit a ticket. It has been extremely frustrating as several times it has logged my exit, but then immediately sends an enter to my Polisy. This causes my garage to open automatically. So there have been a couple times my garage has been open when no one is home. I only have it open the garage when I enter my geofence, so at least the alarm is still set and doors are locked. I also have a notification set to alert me if garage is open for 5 minutes. So I eventually catch the problem. But I still don't like my garage open for 5 minutes.

It's been a minor annoying until today. My wife and I just arrived home and were unloading groceries. Her phone woke up when we were in the garage and triggered an enter and then an exit. This caused the garage door to close on our cars lift gate. I'm not happy right now.  This problem really needs to be resolved. It was working so well before and was incredibly reliable. Looks like some iOS change that has caused it. Really frustrating. 

@sumguy, very sorry for the trouble.

We have a few reports of entries and exits happening at the same time.  Some of these are due to iOS blocking network, which will be logged in Geofencing Logs as a timeout when iOS allows the app to access network again. We added a hard timeout for these network calls  to prevent the request if the network is blocked. However the hard timeout was missing for credential refresh, which should be fixed in 1.1.29.  Although it is very possible this is not the issue as is the case with the OP's logs.

@tmorse305,  The logs do not appear to show any issues with the processing for commands mentioned above.  In this case it appears iOS notified the app of both entry and exit at about the same time. There is not much we can do about the timing in this situation, however It is possible the app logged these out of order due to threading.  Version 1.1.30 of UD Mobile will lock the thread to try to prevent entry exits becoming out of order if triggered at about the same time.