Every Single Program Disabled Spontaneously

apostolakisl
Go to solution Solved by hart2hart,

Things weren't working today.  I went into ISY Admin Console and discovered every single program was disabled.  Fortunately, a reboot of ISY seems to have fixed the issue.  My wife says there was a power flicker earlier today, but the Polisy is on a UPS, so I don't know how that would be the cause.  This is most disconcerting, if I were out of town, things would have failed.

@apostolakisl if you haven't updated recently check this while local to the Polisy:  https://polisy.local:8443/WEB/sysconfig.txt (or replace "polisy.local" with your Polisy IP address)

Looking for IoX version 5.7.0_5 (as of last check...not sure if this has advanced again). 

If you're not on 5.7.0_5 then run the upgrade packages process and reboot when update is complete. There was a bug going from 5.6.x to 5.7.0 (This issue is discussed in the 5.7.0 support thread) that caused this and has been worked out for most. If you are already at 5.7.0_5 when this happened you should open a support ticket for further debugging as the _4 and _5 updates added debugging code to help UDI try to track down what happened.

@apostolakisl Did you use the link I provided in the last post? It will show you the _5 version or not. If you're not on _4 or _5 then it was a *known issue* to happen when updating from 5.6.x to 5.7 and sometimes occurred again after reboot. Uncertain why it might have happened if you have the device on a UPS, but maybe it randomly rebooted. No clue on that. 

_5 update was released by UDI around October 12th. 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Geddy said:

@apostolakisl Did you use the link I provided in the last post? It will show you the _5 version or not. If you're not on _4 or _5 then it was a *known issue* to happen when updating from 5.6.x to 5.7 and sometimes occurred again after reboot. Uncertain why it might have happened if you have the device on a UPS, but maybe it randomly rebooted. No clue on that. 

_5 update was released by UDI around October 12th. 

_4 is my version

@Geddy

Update Packages did nothing.  I waited well over an hour and nothing.  Now today, it spontaneously disabled all of my programs (except 2 for some reason) and they aren't correcting after multiple reboots.  I am very unhappy.  Nothing is working and I have a huge number of programs and figuring out which need to be disabled will be impossible.  My most recent backup is 6 months old, but perhaps I can restore it, take screenshots of the program summary page and then restore the current backup and set the programs.  

I can ssh into polisy but don't the proper commands to issue an upgrade.

EDIT: I guess it did update even though I never had to log back into the admin console because I did the command above and it shows _5 now.  

Mind you, I did not do an update at the time of the programs being disabled.  It just happened for some random reason at some random time.

Edited by apostolakisl
  • 2 weeks later...

When my programs became disabled (and sunrise/sunset times wrong) over the DST change, I ran upgrade packages.  I started on _4 and am still on _4 after the upgrade.  It is very possible I am doing something wrong, but I did not observe any unexpected problems.

52 minutes ago, oberkc said:

When my programs became disabled (and sunrise/sunset times wrong) over the DST change, I ran upgrade packages.  I started on _4 and am still on _4 after the upgrade.  It is very possible I am doing something wrong, but I did not observe any unexpected problems.

Have you shutdown and unplugged your "ISY" device? That seems to be a step that can cure some "issues"

• Like 1

@oberkc if you've run the "upgrade packages" process and there was no change in the version in the information link supplied above then a power cycle would be best step to force everything to start correctly and implement the changes.

Somewhere from 5.6 to 5.7 the system triggered all programs to go disabled. Once UDI released 5.7.0_5 that would restore programs as expected. Otherwise, restoring from a recent backup would be an option, but any reboot might trigger all programs to disable again. If you get upgraded to 5.7.0_5 (or later) and the programs still disable on reboot (or randomly otherwise) please open a ticket with UDI for them to help troubleshoot and resolve directly.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Geddy said:

then a power cycle would be best step to force everything to start correctly and implement the changes

Yes, I went ahead and ran the power cycle.  It is now on 5.7.0_5.  My programs and needs are nowhere as complicated and numerous as many here, so it was not much more than 10 minutes of work to manually re-enable the appropriate programs and all appears to be working again (except the known problem with displayed sunrise and sunset times).  On an unrelated topic, while I was on a roll, I finally upgraded to polyglot 3X without any apparent issue.

Update: I guess something happened last night and even the displayed sunrise and sunset times are back to being correct.

Edited by oberkc
  • Like 1