ISY994i Admin Console (LAN) Crashes - HELP

dobenland

IMG_0187.thumb.jpeg.004d404aab844590195946a0bd97b7a3.jpegAdmin Console (Lan) starts to load after I sign in then gets "I/O Error: ProxyDevice". I can see the list of my Insteon devices right before it gets the "I/O Error: ProxyDevice" and then it crashes. I am on version 4.9.0. I have purchased a new eISY device to migrate to but It says the backup from the ISY994i is too old. With the error I get on the old device, I am unable to update the software to get a good backup to load to the eISY.

I want to get the programming I did using motion detectors and garage lights on the new eISY.

Can someone help me? ...Please??

4 hours ago, dobenland said:

I am on version 4.9.0. I have purchased a new eISY device to migrate to but It says the backup from the ISY994i is too old. With the error I get on the old device, I am unable to update the software to get a good backup to load to the eISY.

The only path to migrate to the eisy is with firmware version 5.3.4 on the ISY994. Therefore, you'd have to go through the (possibly painful) path of updating the current system (if you're not running Z-wave you could go all the way to 5.3.4) then making a backup to import to the eisy.

Please review the wiki for migration steps: 

https://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=Eisy:User_Guide#Preparing_for_Migration_from_ISY-994

For the backup of programs you could copy all programs to a text document and recreate them manually. It's time consuming, but might be "easier" to do that than updating the firmware to a version that would migrate and run the risk of issues in that firmware update and then more/different issues in the migration. 

Right click on the root program folder ("My Programs"?). The last item should be "Copy folder to Clipboard". (note: be sure you COPY, you do NOT want export) Then open Notepad (or other text editor - NOT a word processing program because you do not want the text manipulated). Paste in the text file and save as plain text document. This will be all your current programs.

I cannot upgrade to 5.3.4 because Admin Console comes up and then I logon and it shows my device list for just a second and then it gets "I/O Error: ProxyDevice" and then it crashes immediately. I do not have time to do anything except watch it crash. I am running version 4.9.0.

I have quite a few insteon devices that are controlled by my ISY994i. Years ago I did some programming to control garage lights with motion detectors that took several iterations to get right. I'm not sure I could do that programming anymore.

Any other suggestions?

I switched computers and got Admin Console up and running ... still version 4.9.0. I did a backup. Then upgraded to 5.3.4. 

After the upgrade to 5.3.4 my password no longer works so is will not allow me to login to Admin Console.

The isy994i is still working and interfacing with Amazon Echo and ISY programs are running and operation properly.

What can I do about my password?

14 hours ago, dobenland said:

I switched computers and got Admin Console up and running

Glad you got it working. By chance on the computer you were using originally were you running any firewall or VPN services? One of the links @paulbates posted suggested the Proxy error was related to lost network connection. Usually that could be the case if running a firewall, antivirus, or VPN like program that would suddenly drop the connection to the ISY.

Once you have the eisy up and running try going back to the original computer, clear the Java Cache (checking all three boxes), make sure you turn off any 3rd party programs that might impact your network and see if you can access the admin console from that computer.

I was running Zone Alarm firewall/antivirus but had disabled it. when clearing cache I only checked the first 2 boxes. Anyway, once I made the migration from ISY994i to eISY then both computers worked and no proxy errors.

Thanks for your input and help.

• Like 1