red exclamation point next to the telegram service device in Admin console

baabm

It took me a while to get notifications working with the notification node server the way I want (no experience with this type of software). 

Then I thought it'd be a good idea to try to implement telegram (I also have no experience with that). I tried to follow the instructions, but am not sure I did it correctly. (although there were no errors reported while doing it. 

It took me a while to find how to add the bot to the configuration page of the notification node server, but I got through it with no errors reported.

When I look at Admin console, I see the telegram service right under UD mobile but it has a red exclamation point icon (which I believe is an error). And when I try to add a notification to a program, I don't see where telegram is selectable. 

I know I'll probably have to provide some data, but at this point I don't know what to provide.

TIA

• 3 weeks later...

image.thumb.png.67fd919bd79e14b472b60b5a82eeb04c.pngit is something that you have to add...

it is a service that works with the notification node server that is supposed to make it easier (I think) to set up notifications. (I really don't understand it but wanted to try it.) So I followed the instructions for how to install in and it doesn't seem to work because it has the red exclamation point next to it. No one has helped me figure out what is wrong, so now I just want to delete it, but I can't figure out how to do that either. Here is a screenshot.

After I wrote the note above, I decided to look around at the PG3 page. there I found that I had 3 nodes, so I clicked on it to discover 1 of them was the Telegram node and there was an x icon next to it. I clicked on the x and it started to delete the telegram node. I restarted Admin console and it was gone...image.thumb.png.6a7991d4d0b3275b6be5c485178cd52f.png

14 hours ago, baabm said:

is a service that works with the notification node server that is supposed to make it easier (I think) to set up notifications. (I really don't understand it but wanted to try it.) So I followed the instructions for how to install in and it doesn't seem to work because it has the red exclamation point next to it. No one has helped me figure out what is wrong

Did you properly configure the service in PG3 under the Configuration tab for the plugin? The instructions are also on that page.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/10/2023 at 4:26 PM, baabm said:

It took me a while to get notifications working with the notification node server the way I want (no experience with this type of software). 

Then I thought it'd be a good idea to try to implement telegram (I also have no experience with that). I tried to follow the instructions, but am not sure I did it correctly. (although there were no errors reported while doing it. 

It took me a while to find how to add the bot to the configuration page of the notification node server, but I got through it with no errors reported.

When I look at Admin console, I see the telegram service right under UD mobile but it has a red exclamation point icon (which I believe is an error). And when I try to add a notification to a program, I don't see where telegram is selectable. 

I know I'll probably have to provide some data, but at this point I don't know what to provide.

TIA

Sorry for the delay, I must have missed your post while I was traveling.   Yes, the Telegram service is tricky to setup, I'd like to make it cleaner in the future when I have some time.  If you really want/need Telegram then try to set it up again and PM me the file from 'Download Log Package' if you encounter issues.