Support Thread for: IoX 5.7.1 (Nov 12, 2023)

Updated this morning and it appears to have rejected the update beeping a second d beep about 15 seconds later.

Shows v5.7.1 still but I didn't click on the trial releases either.

Still no fix for unnamed notifications in programs. Still listed by numbers only.

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

I got this as well on my Polisy.  The ISY part of my system is inoperative and appears to be in a constant cycle of coming up and restarting with the following observations:

• The status shown on the portal keeps coming up and then saying disconnected.
  • The admin console will connect, but then later show the login dialog again, and when I attempt to log in, I get a message that the system has been restarted and that I should start another session
  • None of my Insteon stuff will work because it needs the ISY to be online.
  • the isy-freebsd-x64 process is pretty much stuck running at 100% all the time 

image.thumb.png.f6932f1d103c6a9abdb6094ae549c2c7.png

I upgraded about the same time as dhemerick, however mine upgraded fine, IOX logs in and shows 5.8 and Insteon is working

Its probably too early to ask but I welcome a way to write notification data to SQLite.

Edited by paulbates

Polisy updated to v5.8.0. It must have updated later somehow after I viewed the lack of install for over 10 minutes??? Very weird.

However, the IoX Finder complained about the mismatch between polISY and the A/c and asked if I would like to update my IoX Finder....very nice touch!!!

Still an old outstanding bug needs fixing.
ISYNotificationerror.thumb.jpg.588708ef845a4719ee3fb1e9498539e8.jpg

Installed update 5.8.0 tonight (Jan 2nd) around 9pm or so as I experienced a network-wide Insteon-only crash 2 days ago and saw in someone's notes above about that issue being fixed. 

Well, it's barely 5 hours later and even with 5.8.0 installed I am now experiencing another Insteon-only 'crash'. Ie nothing Insteon works and the Polisy doesn't notice. All Z-Wave and Zigbee continue to work as usual. Can't deal with this again tonight, going to bed. Maybe someone will have some info tomorrow on this specific issue (hint UD). 

Thank you.

Shawn

Added: Event Viewer shows all Insteon traffic just ending @ 1:56am eastern. No hints as to why. I have the log saved if anyone cares to review it. 

Edited by ShawnW
Added Event Viewer Notes

@ShawnW

I would first focus on your PLM. Run a PLM link count.  Post the results

Is the green led on your PLM lit?

Run a restore device on one of your Insteon devices, does it complete without errors?

How old is your PLM, and what is its hardware version?

8 hours ago, Techman said:

I would first focus on your PLM. Run a PLM link count.  Post the results

Is the green led on your PLM lit?

Run a restore device on one of your Insteon devices, does it complete without errors?

How old is your PLM, and what is its hardware version?

Hi @Techman - Thank you for your suggestions - ALSO, thank you for your suggestions on another forum post - you led me to some new knowledge. 
  At first I too thought the PLM as it is fairly old-ish (for a plm), it shows its a 2413S V2.1 1505. However, the light is on and blinks with Insteon traffic (tested) even though the Event Viewer does not show any (during the crashed time).  I ran a PLM Link Table Count and it came to 226.

In both my "Insteon crashes" (again Z-Wave & Zigbee remained working), it took a Polisy Reboot to get Insteon working again. I have not yet tried to do a Restore Device on an Insteon device...what would this possibly show? I hope to try this tomorrow.

For everyone else, I am still suffering other annoying problems like every other backup (while saving one) freezing at the same point - 56% at when it gets to the file: 'ebaa83a2-DevicesData.xml', so I Upgraded again today just in case and have received IoX 5.8.0_1 - it had only one Release Note:
"- Fixed reboot on polisy when using ZMatter in original mode"

Thanks.
Shawn

OH - forgot to mention that after upgrading to 5.8.0_1 I had to unplug my PolisyPro ZMatter-Internal to get it to let me login again.

Edited by ShawnW
Note re Upgrade needing power pulled to start up

@ShawnW. While not as knowledgeable as Techman, after one of the many upgrades /updates, I was having problem conducting a back up as well. Turned out that one of the files got corrupted during the update. 

Opening a ticket, Michele was able to resolve it. I am not sure if this corrupt file also caused other problems, but this may be your case --> corrupt file is causing the insteon engine to quit somehow. 

I would open a ticket at this point. 

• Like 1

@ShawnW

It appears that you PLM, even though it's "old", seems to be working.

One other thing you can try, assuming you're on a Windows computer,  is removing power from the Polisy, then deleting the Polisy temporary files which are located in the folder 

C:\Users\<your user name>\AppData\Local\Temp

Delete the following files, then boot up the Polisy. If that doesn't fix things then open a support ticket.

Screenshot 2024-01-04 095018.jpg

Edited by Techman
5 hours ago, Techman said:

is removing power from the Polisy, then deleting the Polisy temporary files which are located in the folder 

Is powering down Polisy necessary? I would think just closing the Admin Console would suffice?

While I have found no need to reboot my polisy after an update for the ISY software to run correctly, I have found most times my own personal bridge software tends to act weird until my polisy is rebooted after polisy firmware updates.

I see no reason for the two softwares to interact as the both run as completely separate tasks with their own threading.

However they do share the python 3 compiler/interpreter.

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, vbPhil said:

Is powering down Polisy necessary? I would think just closing the Admin Console would suffice?

Powering down the Polisy clears the memory. When there are issues it seems that powering down proves to be more beneficial that a (warm) reboot.