Admin Console - Java Questions

Go to solution Solved by Goose66,

Long story for another day, but my Laptop (Windows 11) is restricted by my employer from loading and running Oracle JAVA on it.  We are limited to Azul Zulu being our Java JRE/JDK environment, and it does not include Java web start (javaws) being part of the standard Zulu install (I believe it is Azul IceTea but that is also restricted).

I know nothing about JAVA so go easy on me, my questions are:

1. Can I run the Admin Console another way than launching the JNLP file from windows web environment?
  2. If not, will the EISY ever get a non JAVA interface and if so the best guess what year?  This question is not meant to inflame a debate on the AC and JAVA, just curious, I am still on my 994 and I have been a UDI fan and user since the ISY-26 days, but with a large Z-wave based installation I really don't want to upgrade to EISY until the AC interface is sorted out.  I am happy to keep the 994i for the next 2 to 3 years (I have a POLISY running PG3), but if a new interface isn't on the cards in the next 2 maybe 3 years I might as well bite the bullet now and look at alternatives, not that I want to or necessarily will, just looking at my options.
1 hour ago, jwagner010 said:
  2. If not, will the EISY ever get a non JAVA interface and if so the best guess what year?  This question is not meant to inflame a debate on the AC and JAVA, just curious, I am still on my 994 and I have been a UDI fan and user since the ISY-26 days, but with a large Z-wave based installation I really don't want to upgrade to EISY until the AC interface is sorted out.  I am happy to keep the 994i for the next 2 to 3 years (I have a POLISY running PG3), but if a new interface isn't on the cards in the next 2 maybe 3 years I might as well bite the bullet now and look at alternatives, not that I want to or necessarily will, just looking at my options.

These are all questions you'd need to ask udi directly by submitting a ticket. With this being a peer to peer forum, we wouldn't have the answers you're looking for. 

Edited by lilyoyo1

,The first thing to do is look at the UD Mobile app. Yes, some things are in beta.. but I've recently returned as ISY user in a new-to-me house and was pleasantly surprised how much its capable of and where its headed. I can now do some of my tasks including programs on it. Yes, to do everything I still need the admin console, but I'm having a good experience on both my ipad and android phone using UD Mobile

There is a potential door number 2: A small headless PC appliance on your home network. They do cost <= $200, but you've already spent a lot on your system, and will easily spend more than that migrating to something else not to mention the time to recreate what your programs do. I haven't tried it, but my understanding is that Remote Desktop, RDP, can be enable on the w11 home that would come on the headless pc appliance. Then it would be a matter of finding out if your company restricted RDP on the laptop.. you could see now if its possible to open RDP and define a new host.

5 hours ago, Goose66 said:

When I was required to have OpenJDK on my PC, I started the finder like this:

java -jar .\downloads\isyfinder-2.0.jar

Put it in a "startiox.bat" file. I didn't have too hard of a time finding a copy of isyfinder-x.jar  file on the web, but you may have to put in a support ticket to get @Michel Kohanim or @Chris Jahn to post a copy.

@Goose66Thank you Thank You this is what I was looking for.  Based on a look at the launcher JNLP it is now isyfinder-3.5.jar which I was able to download and execute per your guidance above.  I guess the trick is to just periodically download the latest jar file as it changes.

@RPerraultUnfortunately I am on the naughty list so no PC from Santa this year.

Edited by jwagner010
  • Like 1