unmanaged - plugins

Go to solution Solved by bpwwer,

My Polisy died on me after 3 years so I was forced to upgrade to eisy (10 year old ISY994i is still going strong).  90% of the insteon devices and the PLM appear to be working so that part of the migration I count as a success. 

The issue i'm having is that all of the  legacy Polyglot plugins now show "unmanaged".  I tried to "reinstall all plugins" from the menu but I get the error that they need to be manually re-installed but I'm not sure how to do that.   Node servers are present under the tab in Eisy also but dont appear to do anything. 

Hoping that someone can point me in the right direction. 

** If I add a new Plugin, it works correctly in the Admin Console, its just these legacy plugins I need to clear off the dashboard.

Screen Shot 2023-12-05 at 9.09.27 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-12-05 at 9.09.39 PM.png

Edited by lesliew
10 hours ago, lesliew said:

The issue i'm having is that all of the  legacy Polyglot plugins now show "unmanaged".

Since moving to eisy, you are now on PG3 version of Polyglot. Prior versions are no longer supported.

To get full functionality with plugins on eisy, you will need to delete prior plugins and install using PG3.

If you can still sign in to PG version Polisy was using, you might be able to migrate your plugins.

You don't say what version of Polyglot you were using, so you will need to read through these to see what fits:

https://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=Eisy:User_Guide#Migrating_Node_Servers_to_PG3x

My Polisy has been out of action for Maybe 6 months so at a guess it was on version 2.  Since it is dead it’s not possible for me to migrate from that version to a newer version.

looking for a way to delete these unmanaged plugins from the PG3x dashboard some other way.

10 minutes ago, lesliew said:

My Polisy has been out of action for Maybe 6 months so at a guess it was on version 2.  Since it is dead it’s not possible for me to migrate from that version to a newer version.

looking for a way to delete these unmanaged plugins from the PG3x dashboard some other way.

Isn't there a Delete button on the dashboard? If they apear in any of your ISY devices, delete there from the Nodeserver menu at the top, delete in PG3x, then restart PG3x.

39 minutes ago, DennisC said:

Isn't there a Delete button on the dashboard? If they apear in any of your ISY devices, delete there from the Nodeserver menu at the top, delete in PG3x, then restart PG3x.

No delete button on the PG3x dashboard. I wish it was that easy.  The nodeserver menu on my ISY99i has a list of blank entries, can’t delete them from there either.

Edited by lesliew
  • Solution

From the admin console go to the Node Severs menu -> Configure -> slot 1-20 -> [pick a slot with an unmanaged node server]

You'll get a dialog box with a delete button.  Use that.

Do that for all of the unmanaged node servers and after about 5 minutes they should all be gone from the PG3x dashboard.

image.png.24dd005c702793e3f0b9547d23d20c83.png

"Unmanaged" means that PG3x doesn't have those installed and can't control them in any way.  They were installed by a different instance of polyglot.

10 hours ago, bpwwer said:

From the admin console go to the Node Severs menu -> Configure -> slot 1-20 -> [pick a slot with an unmanaged node server]

You'll get a dialog box with a delete button.  Use that.

Do that for all of the unmanaged node servers and after about 5 minutes they should all be gone from the PG3x dashboard.

image.png.24dd005c702793e3f0b9547d23d20c83.png

"Unmanaged" means that PG3x doesn't have those installed and can't control them in any way.  They were installed by a different instance of polyglot.

Thanks to everyone who had suggestions.  In the end this suggestion worked and now all the unmanaged nodes have disappeared.