IoX Launcher Issue on Windows 11?

GDavis01

In anticipation of moving from my ISY to my new EISY, I fairly recently upgraded my ISY to 5.3.4 from 5.0.16.  All seemed to go well.

I have not yet done the migration because I have too many other things on the go. My access to the ISY has been my PC which was running Windows 10. Subsequent to upgrading the ISY, I am now moved to a Windows 11 laptop. Today, using the IoX Launcher, I tried to log into the Admin Console but clicking on the Launcher brought up the UD logo for a second and then did nothing. Looking at the Task Manager I can see that the process is running but nothing is happening! 

(I'm not sure, but I thought that I had accessed the Admin Console on this new laptop before today and it worked properly)

After clicking on the IoX Launcher many times, I went into the Control Panel => Java and deleted the files (all 3 options). Then I downloaded the admin.jnlp file again and tried to run it. It properly sets up the icon on my desktop but still every time I click on it I only see the UD logo for a few seconds and then nothing!

Any ideas on what is happening?

I fired up my old PC and it still runs the Launcher properly.

Edited by GDavis01
3 minutes ago, GDavis01 said:

In anticipation of moving from my ISY to my new EISY, I fairly recently upgraded my ISY to 5.3.4 from 5.0.16.  All seemed to go well.

I have not yet done the migration because I have too many other things on the go. My access to the ISY has been my PC which was running Windows 10. Subsequent to upgrading the ISY, I am now moved to a Windows 11 laptop. Today, using the IoX Launcher, I tried to log into the Admin Console but clicking on the Launcher brought up the UD logo for a second and then did nothing. Looking at the Task Manager I can see that the process is running but nothing is happening! 

I'm not sure, but I thought that I had accessed the Admin Console on this new laptop before this. 

I went into the Control Panel => Ja

First, try deleting your state files. Instructions are in the wiki.

If that doesn't work, try reading this thread:

13 hours ago, Techman said:

@GDavis01

Are you downloading the IoX Launcher from this link?

https://isy.universal-devices.com/start.jnlp

Yes, that is the link I used. 

12 hours ago, garybixler said:

I had IoX Launcher issues after up dating my PC to Win 11 from Win 10. My solution was to delete Java and download a new copy. Not sure if you had started from a new Win 11 pc or not.

My laptop is new so this wasn't an update from Win 10. However, I will try deleting Java completely and start the process over again. 

I recently had a similar issue where the app was launching off screen to the left. This was likely an artifact from using a second monitor at one point. You'd have to look up the exact key combination, maybe Alt>Space>m or something, but it allows you to move the window when you can't drag it with the header. This of course may not be your problem, but it sounds familiar.

19 hours ago, roblombardo said:

I recently had a similar issue where the app was launching off screen to the left. This was likely an artifact from using a second monitor at one point. You'd have to look up the exact key combination, maybe Alt>Space>m or something, but it allows you to move the window when you can't drag it with the header. This of course may not be your problem, but it sounds familiar.

You correct this by deleting state files. Check the wiki.

• Like 1

All you need to do is to find the following files in Java temp directory (on Windows: c:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Local\Temp) and delete them. Or, you can simply search the computer for udi_*.state or ud_*.state file patterns:

• ud_finder.state
  • udi_finder.state
  • udi_frame.state
  • udi_launcher.state
  • udi_pgm.state
  • udi_tree.state
  • Like 1