Control Elk outputs from EISY or ELK Rules?

Mike1980

Since MYQ open API is down, I am looking at controlling my garage door through the ELK. I currently have an EISY and I have a few questions.

1. Is it better to write the garage open/close/status program through the ELK rules or the EISY?

2. When I'm in the EISY interface under my ELK controller, I only see Light1 and Task1. I do not see any outputs. Any idea on how to add it here?

3. I'm not looking at reinventing the wheel, has anyone already done this and if so, could you send me a sample program whether it was in ELK or EISY?

8 hours ago, Mike1980 said:

Is it better to write the garage open/close/status program through the ELK rules or the EISY?

While possible to do in the Elk, I generally follow the rule that if it is possible to program in the ISY/eisy, then I program there.

I find programming in the UD infrastructure simpler than in the Elk, but the primary reason is to have all of my programming in one location.

8 hours ago, Mike1980 said:

I'm not looking at reinventing the wheel, has anyone already done this and if so, could you send me a sample program whether it was in ELK or EISY?

As for sample programs, there are many options depending on what you want to accomplish. While the programing is simple, if you get stuck with an aspect of what you are trying to accomplish, ask a specific question.

Also, if you need to open/close your GDO remotely, take advantage of UD Mobile Command class and create a favorite that toggles the GDO open/close.

1 hour ago, DennisC said:

While possible to do in the Elk, I generally follow the rule that if it is possible to program in the ISY/eisy, then I program there.

I find programming in the UD infrastructure simpler than in the Elk, but the primary reason is to have all of my programming in one location.

As for sample programs, there are many options depending on what you want to accomplish. While the programing is simple, if you get stuck with an aspect of what you are trying to accomplish, ask a specific question.

Also, if you need to open/close your GDO remotely, take advantage of UD Mobile Command class and create a favorite that toggles the GDO open/close.

What do you mean by the UD Mobile Command class? Is this an actual webinar that teaches to about the app or is this a command instruction you perform in the app? 

6 minutes ago, midrar said:

What do you mean by the UD Mobile Command class? Is this an actual webinar that teaches to about the app or is this a command instruction you perform in the app? 

The Command type allows you to create a favorite that when touched can run a programs Then or Else command. This enables you to have a favorite tile that will open or close a garage door, or for that matter, run any program you desire. 

See below for the description.

• Command. This Type will allows users to specify any number of Node Commands. Pressing a Favorite of Type Command will execute the defined commands. Favorites of Type Command also allow from an optional Display Node, the display node does not inherit toggle ability. The Display Node does not have to match Command Nodes. See Commands below.

Here is a link to the user guide:

https://wiki.universal-devices.com/UD_Mobile