Should we be migrating to eISY? Polisy discontinued support timeframe?

brockp

Looking at the To be or not to be blog post and seeing other references of upgrading from PolISY to eisy is polisy going EOL?

Before I understood they were being supported in parallel and eisy was really a response to the availability of polisy hardware?

Is there any office announcement from from UD of EOL for Polisy and we should move to eisy?

1 hour ago, brockp said:

Is there any office announcement from from UD of EOL for Polisy

None that I've seen. It appears that eisy and Polisy will continue to be developed in parallel, but of course the focus is on the added functions that the eisy can handle. As far as IoX and PG3x both should be able to be maintained on the Polisy for the foreseeable future. I think the mention for upgrading from Polisy to eisy is only if you want the ability to do more with the eisy going forward. 

Certainly something to ask UD directly. You can contact them directly through the link on their website. 

https://www.universal-devices.com/contact-us/

1 hour ago, brockp said:

Looking at the To be or not to be blog post and seeing other references of upgrading from PolISY to eisy is polisy going EOL?

Before I understood they were being supported in parallel and eisy was really a response to the availability of polisy hardware?

Is there any office announcement from from UD of EOL for Polisy and we should move to eisy?

When the eisy was first released udi stated polisy support would last at least 3 years. We're starting year 2 now. It makes sense from a marketing and business standpoint to stay pushing people to the new system now vs waiting until the last minute. 

• Like 2