Loving YoLink!

TJF1960

@Panda88, Thank you for this plugin! It has been working flawlessly for me. I have been using it for about 3 or 4 months and it is working awesome.

I am trying to set up a program to let me know when one of the leak sensors fails. I have 1 out of 10 that fails intermittently. YoLink will send me an email, but I don't check my emails nearly as often as I should so it may be 3 or more days before I realize there is a problem. I noticed In the Yolink phone app, in the details page for the sensor, that they do offer State (Normal or Offline) as well as Battery level, Signal Intensity and Temperature readings. 

This may be a huge ask, but I was wondering if some or all of those could be implemented?

Thanks for your time and contributions to this forum!

btw, anyone considering Yolink, I have found that while they are cloud based, the devices are easy to link, and are very quick to respond in both the phone app as well as @Panda88's plugin. Their system is by far one of the best and easiest to set up and deploy that I have seen.

-Tim

• Like 1

Hi

I think all of these should be there already (besides RF level/strength) - I can add the RF strength but in my experience, it does not change if the devices are stationary (it should not).  

I cannot rule out there is a bug but it is intended to show this.  

Note, the node cannot keep testing to see if the device is off-line - as it only queries the cloud status (it would drain the battery if checking the device all the time), so I have to wait for a notification that the device is off line send from the cloud. 

Also, this is difficult to test as it does not happen often.  If you can get me a log (debug mode enabled) showing when the device is offline I can see if it behaves like the node server expects (for offline status)

There are 2 fields for battery and Status should show the connection status (Name may not be well chosen - I'll think about a better name next time I fix a bug)

image.thumb.png.0fc119c49515394908eeb15fc69c9c4c.png

Hi @Panda88,

The leak sensor went offline yesterday. I was not able to capture it go offline with debug on. But I turned debug on this morning then queried the device then an hour or so later I pushed the link button on the bottom of the device and it reconnected. I have Attached and pm'ed you the logs, hopefully they will help.

I am leaving debug on to catch the next time the leak sensor goes offline.

After pressing the link button, the Yolink app should the status as connected. The Yolink plug in in the admin console did update the temp from 79 to 66 degrees, so the temp is working, just not the connection status.

Thank you so much!

-Tim