Some devices arent responding to voice commands

5 hours ago, andrew77 said:

So get the serial PLM, order the cable and the Eisy and I’m good for everything?

If you're going to try to continue to use the current ISY994 then Serial is all you can use for that. If you're just going to order the eisy and a new PLM then get the USB so you don't have to worry about a converter cable.

If you're getting the serial PLM then you need the Serial PLM Kit. Or there were a lot of posts of other cables you could buy and build your own if you have different places to source the cables in Canada. Use Google Site search for looking up the cable posts as they were about a year old. 

If you're going to upgrade to eisy directly, right now, and not continue using your isy, then I would get the USB version

If you'll keep using your isy for some period prior to upgrading to eisy, you'll have to have the serial model. Because of the effort to migrate to a new plm, I would do it in a way that you only do it one time

10 minutes ago, andrew77 said:

what is the method to see if the PLM is dying.?

https://wiki.universal-devices.com/ISY-99i/ISY-26_INSTEON:Troubleshooting_Flowchart

Not specifically for the PLM.

Note, if you check link count make sure there is NO activity on the system. Take multiple counts if you see discrepancies as any activity will cause the counts to be inaccurate. 

Also review this:  https://wiki.universal-devices.com/INSTEON_No_Status_Feedback_From_Devices

Lastly, you can also check the event viewer (set to level 3) and control the devices and see what the event viewer shows. Others are better at reviewing what that exposes so if you see "strange" results in the Event Viewer post the text and maybe others can chime in.  Or you can search the forums for discussions about similar results.

I've gone through the links you sent 

(I stopped at Step 5. I check the the PLM status and it seemed to pop up just fine with the version number)

I tried the Event viewer level 3 and it seemed to work on devices that give me no issues.

I also removed the devices that weren't talk to the ISY anyway and when I go to re add them I get this 

No pop up with the device address I usually see.

I cant open a ticket as I don't have the EISY yet.

I have to order the PLM but as you mentioned above if its noise a new PLM (serial or USB) won't help.

So I'm not sure where to go from here.

Any other thoughts?

Screenshot 2024-02-13 at 1.55.29 PM.png

I might have mentioned it before but the state of the ISY isn’t always what the state of the devices are. 
a scene will trigger but some lights won’t be on. When I look at the app or the computer gui it says it’s on. So when I tell Alexa to turn it on she says okay but of course she believes it’s on already and doesn’t fix the issue. 

I might have to isolate the evo lux light bulb I bought recently but I don’t think that’s the issue as the problems have been going on longer than that. 

any thoughts or ideas are greatly appreciated 

Andrew 

So I’ve isolated everything that I can think of. I don’t know what else it could be. 
I apologize for not waiting for responses here but I’m trying to troubleshoot as fast as I can. Aartech up here is having a sale and I wanted to know what the issue is before I bought more gear and found I still have the same problem. 
I’m guessing the PLM is losing its pep. 
If everyone here agrees then I’ll order the new one today. 
I’ll get a usb PLM and the new eisy because I’m due to upgrade. 

thoughts?

That's what I would do. The plm losing it's pep could mean it's dying. Trying to fix insteon on the old plm will turn into charging your tail.

if you can, do this

• Set up eisy with USB plm
  • Pick an isy back up from before you started having problems if possible. Otherwise the  plm problems may move to the eisy
  • Restore the backup and restore plm. Plan on this part thougha  while as the insteon problems get addressed here
  • Deal with wireless devices and problems
  • Back it up
  • Review fix programs
  • back up again
  • Like 1
31 minutes ago, paulbates said:

That's what I would do. The plm losing it's pep could mean it's dying. Trying to fix insteon on the old plm will turn into charging your tail.

if you can, do this

• Set up eisy with USB plm
  • Pick an isy back up from before you started having problems if possible. Otherwise the  plm problems may move to the eisy
  • Restore the backup and restore plm. Plan on this part thougha  while as the insteon problems get addressed here
  • Deal with wireless devices and problems
  • Back it up
  • Review fix programs
  • back up again

Eisy and USB PLM ordered!

I’m looking forward to the new features I hope to use with the upgrade  

I’m hoping a clean start will clear up these issues. 

I know it’ll be a bumpy ride getting the Eisy set up well as I’m backing up from a failing PLM (we’re assuming)

I’m thanking the forum ahead of time for the onslaught of questions and help I will have and need probably this weekend. 

I’ve warned my wife that there will be a disruption in service for the next little bit.

it looks like the usb PLM is printer port usb?

Edited by andrew77