Backlight LEDs

Go to solution Solved by paulbates,

I can no longer control the backlight LED brightness from the AC or UD Mobile app.

I run a program in the evening that sets the switches/dimmers backlight in the bedrooms to 0%, and then back to 30% in the morning. Last night, only some of them dimmed. This morning the ones that dimmed did not brighten. Like I said, I currently cannot change the backlight setting from both the AC or the app.

Things I have tried:

• Reboot eisy (multiple times)
  • Retore most recent backup form AC
  • Restore devices from AC 

I did get a notification on the app last night (which would have been prior to the dimming program executing) that said "PG3 stopped working." I ignored it since everything seemed to be working fine and all the "bedtime" programs ran normally with the exception of the LED dimming. I don't believe it's a PLM issue since I can still control everything from the AC and the app, so communications seem to be fine.

I should add that I'm running PG3x 3.2.17 and IoX 5.8.0

Edited by dakall
Just now, paulbates said:

Before giving the PLM an "all clear", how old is it. To complete your list of things, I would unplug it, wait 10 seconds and replug in, re-run your tests.

PLM is less than 6 months old. I will try this.....

36 minutes ago, paulbates said:

Before giving the PLM an "all clear", how old is it. To complete your list of things, I would unplug it, wait 10 seconds and replug in, re-run your tests.

Of course the one thing I didn't do fixes it. Thanks

Interesting thing is that right after I plugged it back in, all the LEDs returned to their "daytime" levels. I didn't need to do anything.

Seems odd that a 6 month old PLM would need this. Have there been any eletrical system anomalies; brown outs, low voltage, etc? Is the PLM plugged in electrically near something like a washer/dryer, window air conditioner etc.. something that uses a lot of power?

Edited by paulbates
3 minutes ago, paulbates said:

Seems odd that a 6 month old PLM would need this. Have there been any eletrical system anomalies; brown outs, low voltage, etc? Is the PLM plugged in electrically near something like a washer/dryer, window air conditioner etc.. something that uses a lot of power?

None that I noticed. The PLM is plugged into a dedicated circuit outlet in the AV closet. The only other thing plugged into that outlet is a small UPS unit for my router.

Insteon makes a  noise filter that the UPS could be plugged into so you can keep everything there. It is bulky like PLM so maybe a short extension cable too... or I use a one outlet to three outlets horizontal adapters to fit my PLM in with lamp module

Edited by paulbates
11 minutes ago, paulbates said:

If it happens again, I would unplug the UPS temporarily, and unplug/replug the PLM... and wait to see if it reoccurs. UPS's can be a powerline noise problem and affect Insteon devices.

That's exactly what I was thinking. I have 2 other dedicated circuit outlets in that closet. I can try shuffling things around if need be. I'm hoping this was a one-time event.