Program tab slow to init and slow to respond

Go to solution Solved by bgrubb1,

I have over 75 programs running on an EISY, version 5.7.0. I've noticed recently that clicking on the Program tab and completing the initialization process is taking 20 to 30+ seconds. Clicking from 1 program entry to another takes 3 to 5 seconds. Program revisions and updates are similarly delayed. In times past, these operations were almost instantaneous. I am also randomly experiencing errors, particularly if I leave the interface open for extended periods. See the attached screenshot. 

My system is an upgrade from the ISY994. Any guidance on what may be happening here? I'm awaiting a SSD to upgrade storage per Michael's latest blog post. I'm hoping this may help. THanks in advance for any assistance you might provide! 

Screenshot 2024-02-11 171603.png

• Solution

-      If the admin console is slow to respond, it is likely you need to increase the amount of memory allocated to the Java runtime (JRE).

-      Open the Java Control Panel, select Java tab, press View button, then add or modify the Runtime Parameter -Xmx to the following:

o   -Xmx512m

-      Press Ok to close the window, then Press Apply to save the changes

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, apostolakisl said:

When I do that, the one line I see there is blank in the runtime parameter column.  Do I just add that?

Yes, you add it manually. I have mine set at -1056.

14 hours ago, JerryR said:

Is 512 MB optimum or will more continue to increase performance to some point? 

Depends on your computer system. There's not a firm answer for it. Since Admin Console isn't open for very long (typically...remember it's not meant to be left open 24/7) there shouldn't be much impact on the system for other processes running. If you have a lot of memory you can run up to 1024. 

Somewhere it was also suggested to set the max and min to the same amount, but I've not seen that impact performance (for my system) any differently. 

Search the forums for Runtime Parameter to see the discussion over the years use Google Site Search. 

What @lilyoyo1 posted is from the UD Wiki:

https://wiki.universal-devices.com/Main_Page#Admin_Console_is_very_slow_or_hangs