Unable to reinstall Solar Edge non production version

Go to solution Solved by stevehoyt,

@photogeek54

Hi

I have been running this for some time v 1.1.04. I recently had a battery die and had to have it replaced. Multiple batteries showed up so I thought a good way to clean things up would be to delete the plug in and reinstall it from the non production store. 

I can't get it to install. I click the install button and nothing happens. Any ideas on what to do?

Thanks

Edited by stevehoyt
Posted (edited)

@photogeek54@Javi

Yes it was the non production version.

I get the message "Successfully checked for purchased node servers" ,but then the popup to install it, never comes up. I have tried other node servers and don't have the issue. 

I looked in the PG3 log and it appears I am getting a "failed to get license error".

I have attached the log below. Please note the error around 6:32 am. this morning

Maybe my license has gone bad?

Is there some way for me to bypass this step and do a manual install?

pg3_3-3-2024_63623_AM.zip

Edited by stevehoyt

Node server authors don't have access to the licenses or the licensing mechanism. Only UDI can look at or investigate licensing issues so you may have to submit a ticket.

PG3 is getting a 403 (forbidden) error when it queries the UDI portal for the license information. So that's either because you aren't logged into the portal or something is wrong on the portal end.

I'd first try logging out from PG3 and then logging back in.  If it still doesn't work, you'll have to submit a ticket.

@stevehoyt not sure if it would help, but have you tried the "Switch Portal Profile" in the PG3 web interface? 

System -> Switch Portal Profile

It will ask you to log into the portal account. Perhaps something got messed up along the way and just need to make sure it's logged into the correct portal account.

• Like 1
  • Solution

@photogeek54

As I assume you know by now, Benoit found the issue that related to the version number and has fixed it temporarily.

When you make the change he requested, could you also make a  change for me. I understand the part about having to add the custom parameter for the Api key. 

Could you have the custom parameter come up with the key word api_key filled in. That way I only have to add the key itself. It took me a couple tries to figure out that it had to be api_key. Not knowing that it needed the underscore, for us non programming folks, might help make it easier. 

Thanks