Prepping for eisy upgrade

Go to solution Solved by woodchip,

On 3/25/2024 at 7:42 AM, woodchip said:

I don't use Alexa or GH and pretty much use the IoX "locally" no PG servers other than the "Notification Controller". Where I'm seeing the anomalies is in programs but I'm currently unable to better identify where or what may be causing the issues. It's possible the isy backups (I tried 3 different ones) could have been corrupt. 

I've was battling image.png.899c0c6db2221c70efbe264eb159336b.png and to a lessor extent image.png.97bf9398e38906424157985bc53864f1.png errors crashing my 994 prior to the migration and (I believe) after the release of the IoX finder. After the migration to the eisy I'm still getting these errors but at a much lower frequency. To date I've been unsuccessful at identifying what may be causing them and it appears I have (maybe) eliminated this problem.

But wait, there's more. I've opened a ticket with UDI regarding another anomaly in the program area with the "Find/Replace" function and apparently I'm not the only one experiencing this. If you're interested please check out the forum link below.

Unable to "Find/Replace" many programs after migrating from 994i to eisy with Matters+ dongle

Really like your profile image! image.png.c07daa271230e1d0d096fee9a031fcc0.pngMy nickname is "Duckie" :)

Looks like more of the same problem. You have changed platforms and the names of the programs have not been arsed into the proper links to make your system work.
As per @paulbates in the other thread. Try editing each program and saving it. Don't forget to hit the "save" button after. IIRC you must edit the program before saving it or the ISY AI may assume it isn't required.

This is the problem I was attempting relay in my last post. Internal linking inside ISY is done by numeric location, not names. Programs don't run other programs by their names, but rather by their numeric location.

When moving ISY contents to another platform, the problems, I had, were due to not "recompiling" the system and expecting it to work with everything scrambled into new locations.

Thanks to all for your thoughts and ideas. Here’s a brief update and link to the migration process. I may have resolves the XML Parse Errors, Socket Open Failed java.net.SocketTimeoutExceptions and system crashes (for the past 36-48 hours anyway). This was achieved through a combination of suggestions provided through this forum, program edits, rewrites, disabling entire program folders and reboots (and more). At some point I will need to go through those folders and files to see if I can troubleshoot the actual culprit(s).

In the process of troubleshooting these errors another anomaly was found in the program “Find/Replace” feature. That item has resulted in a ticket being opened with UD. Below is a link to that topic if you have any interest…

Unable to "Find/Replace" many programs after migrating from 994i to eisy with Matters+ dongle

Thank you all again for your support and input on this topic. I'm currently running on the new eisy although with some program challenges which will require some time to resolve. My Insteon nodes migrated over from the 994 and only a few Z-Wave devices needing to be reinstalled.