Tutorial

chris.com

I was delighted to learn about the Audio and Bluetooth plugins. I have numerous events I would like the eisy to announce.

I have installed the Polyglot 3x plugins and started poking around and found myself wondering what to do next. Sorry for being a bit dense.

Is there some kind of tutorial or step-by-step guide on setting up and configuring audio and bluetooth and making an announcement happen? I looked and looked but couldn't find anything.

You can have it make speech announcements by configuring it on the audio player config page. Example: 

Key Entry:   tts_en_en_anyname  Value:  Text you would like it to say like Hi there,how are you?

Will need to restart the audio player and restart Admin console after configuration. It should then show up on the play list.

I am having a little difficulty using Bluetooth but it may be related to my BT device

5 minutes ago, garybixler said:

You can have it make speech announcements by configuring it on the audio player config page. Example: 

Key Entry:   tts_en_en_anyname  Value:  Text you would like it to say like Hi there,how are you?

Will need to restart the audio player and restart Admin console after configuration. It should then show up on the play list.

I am having a little difficulty using Bluetooth but it may be related to my BT device

Thank you very much for the help. I think I'm more clueless that you might realize. Some questions:
1. Where can the audio player config page be found? In the Polyglot dashboard, in the UD Administrative console, or somewhere else?

2. "It should show up on the play list."  Where is the play list found?

3. I'm seeing that MP3 files can be played. Where are these files stored and how does one transfer these files to that storage area?

Go to pg3 then click on audioplayer. Then click on Configuration. Scroll down until you come to custom configuration. At that point you will click on add custom  parameter then fill  in key and value. Save.

The play list will be shown on the audioplayer admin console page.

There are sample files on the play list.

Not able to play sound from Bluetooth connection.  I'm paired to a Bose Bluetooth speaker.  Is there another command that I need in the program?  Also, not showing the AudioPlayer custom configurations in drop down, only mp3's for different sounds.  If I restart the AudioPlayer, I do hear 2 click on speaker for the stop and start of the plugin.

image.thumb.png.dda1e0db135eeafc6c594a0a5594202b.png

18 hours ago, alphapenguin said:

i find this interesting. can someone give me an example on how you are/would use this function?

The two main ones we use in our household are:

1. "The garage door is opening."
  2. "Front door"  (There's motion activity at the front door. It's nice to know exactly when those packages get dropped off or if someone is approaching.)

I can think of several more....

• If it's after a certain time in the evening, alert you that your front door is unlocked.
  • "Back door" (possibly modify the wording) Announce motion sensor activity at any point of ingress or egress.
  • Using the geo fence feature on UD Mobile, you could announce when certain family members are leaving or arriving.
  • "It's after midnight and your teenage daughter's bedroom window has opened."

The possibilities are endless. Of course, everyone will have their limits on how much they want to listen to a speaker squawk stuff at them.

21 hours ago, TUhl01 said:

Not able to play sound from Bluetooth connection.  I'm paired to a Bose Bluetooth speaker.  Is there another command that I need in the program?  Also, not showing the AudioPlayer custom configurations in drop down, only mp3's for different sounds.  If I restart the AudioPlayer, I do hear 2 click on speaker for the stop and start of the plugin.

image.thumb.png.dda1e0db135eeafc6c594a0a5594202b.png

I attempted to use an Amazon Echo Show. After a dozen failed attempts to get it to pair, it finally did. Not sure what I did differently. While it was working, sounds were glitched and sometimes had static. Other times, sounds were cut off at the end. It quit working spontaneously and I couldn't get it to work after that.

The announcement I received via e-mail only mentions needing eisy firmware 5.8.0 and above, however it sounds like it may not actually be fully baked quite yet...
In this announcement for AudioPlayer Version 1.1.0 - Professional, @Michel Kohanim mentions the following:

This plugin requires the latest udx which is not in production yet (waiting for isy release in order to reduce the number of upgrades). Please follow the instructions here to install 3.5.5_6 before installing the plugins.

18 minutes ago, chris.com said:

I attempted to use an Amazon Echo Show. After a dozen failed attempts to get it to pair, it finally did. Not sure what I did differently. While it was working, sounds were glitched and sometimes had static. Other times, sounds were cut off at the end. It quit working spontaneously and I couldn't get it to work after that.

The announcement I received via e-mail only mentions needing eisy firmware 5.8.0 and above, however it sounds like it may not actually be fully baked quite yet...
In this announcement for AudioPlayer Version 1.1.0 - Professional, @Michel Kohanim mentions the following:

@Michel Kohanim How do I get my udx version?

image.thumb.png.77e3d39e071ac1bc16525db2c9d80fdf.png

9 minutes ago, Techman said:

In your browser enter:  eisy ip address /web/sysconfig.txt

i.e. 192.168.150/web/sysconfig.txt

This is what I get, even when turning off Firewall.

image.thumb.png.e82969ee51454388162e2441f756226f.png

1 minute ago, Techman said:

Which browser are you using. It should work with the edge browser.

Also take a look at your router to verify the eisy's IP address

Using Edge and that address is what is stated on the router for EISY.

I'm using the edge browser and am able to access the eisy config page.  It's possible that a setting in your browser is blocking the access

This is the page that should come up, then click on advanced to access the config data

image.thumb.jpeg.890112993d2ba93ac8c181de6043eaec.jpeg

9 minutes ago, Techman said:

I'm using the edge browser and am able to access the eisy config page.  It's possible that a setting in your browser is blocking the access

This is the page that should come up, then click on advanced to access the config data

image.thumb.jpeg.890112993d2ba93ac8c181de6043eaec.jpeg

I can get to my HP Printer and Denon AVR with no problem using a IP address, not the eisy.

@TUhl01 or perhaps try:   eisy.local:8443/WEB/sysconfig.txt - kind of got off target of what @chris.com was looking for though.

@chris.com if you read some of the other posts in this area you'd see what others have been doing with this plugin and perhaps the steps you were asking about for setting it up. As you mentioned though, seems like the latest version has some options that aren't (or weren't) fully available at least until the UDX system is updated. 

@TUhl01
Upon visiting the aforementioned URL to see what udx verion I was running, I discovered an interesting result:

************ UDX ************
udx-3.5.6
Name           : udx
Version        : 3.5.6
Installed on   : Sun Mar 17 07:07:29 2024 PDT

Version 3.5.6 was installed on Sunday morning at 7:07:29. That's interesting since I was asleep at that time. Also, 3.5.6 seems to exceed the "3.5.5_6" version mentioned as a requirement. In @Michel Kohanim's post he also says this version must be installed before installing the plugins. Not sure if I was on 3.5.6 before attempting to install the plugins. Perhaps I shall uninstall them and reinstall them and see what happens.