WOL as a Favorite

Go to solution Solved by Javi,

I would like to add a WOL favorite in UD Mobile, but it appears that all the node types require a status, which WOL nodes do not have.  Am I missing a node type which does not have a status or if not can this be supported?  A dummy status could be added to the node server or the app could be modified, but the former seems easier.

1 hour ago, kandlg said:

I would like to add a WOL favorite in UD Mobile, but it appears that all the node types require a status, which WOL nodes do not have.  Am I missing a node type which does not have a status or if not can this be supported?  A dummy status could be added to the node server or the app could be modified, but the former seems easier.

I am not sure why you have not been able to create a WOL favorite. I have one set up using Command type with a status of status.

That works fine for me. 

Thanks for the feedback.  I don't have an option for status for my WOL device, but thanks to your comment I set up a command type favorite using another device's status.  This has fixed my initial issue.

Now I have an issue with WOL node actually working.  I've double checked the MAC and IP and all are correct.  The devices are on the same network.  From the log:

ERROR    wol:wakeOnLan: Failed to send WOL packet to Desktop: [Errno 8] Name does not resolve

2 hours ago, kandlg said:

Now I have an issue with WOL node actually working.  I've double checked the MAC and IP and all are correct.  The devices are on the same network.  From the log:

With no offense ment to the plugin author, I have found the success rate with the WOL to be 50/50 on multiple Win 10/11 computers.

I have tested other WOL software and the ones that utilize both a Mac address and an IP address appear to work successfully.

You can also try to use the subnet mask of 255.255.255.255. Sometimes that improves the success chances and sometimes it doesn't.

WoL is an option inside the Win low level setup and could be disabled.

Also, as I was informed here, when polISY/eISY was newer and didn't support WoL, some devices use a different command protocol than the older WoL style that ISY uses.

Edited by larryllix
  • Solution
On 3/27/2024 at 3:54 AM, kandlg said:

I don't have an option for status for my WOL device, but thanks to your comment I set up a command type favorite using another device's status.  This has fixed my initial issue.

Some of the Favorite Types require that the Display Status is linked to a command, i.e. toggle needs to know status to send the opposite command.

Command Type doesn't require a Display Node or Display Status.  If need the Display Node Can be removed by clicking Display Node then pressing delete (top right) on the Node Selection Dialog.

10 hours ago, Javi said:

Some of the Favorite Types require that the Display Status is linked to a command, i.e. toggle needs to know status to send the opposite command.

Command Type doesn't require a Display Node or Display Status.  If need the Display Node Can be removed by clicking Display Node then pressing delete (top right) on the Node Selection Dialog.

Thank you.  I didn't notice the trash can up there.