Geofencing warning

Go to solution Solved by mmb,

Are you seeing this outside of a Geofencing Screen?

If only seeing this in a Geofencing Screen it is expected as the app cannot function without Always permission. The likely cause is the app previously requested that the user "allow always location" but either (1) the request was denied or (2) iOS may periodically alert users an app is using allways location which and give then the option to revoke.  If the request is denied or revoked user must manually change this permission in iOS Settings  before Geofence screens are shown in UD Mobile.

Outside the Geofencing Screen Javi.

I don't use Geo on Polisy but did test it using the old ISY/Mobilinc combo about 10 years ago.

My location setting in iOS is currently set to When Using.

If this is showing outside of UD Mobile's Geo fencing, please post a screenshot of the location so we can try to resolve.

The screenshot above is in "My Geofences" and working as intended for "when using" permissions level as always is required for Geofencing.

Posted (edited)

Will do, thanks.

Update @Javi : Just happened again by going to My Devices.  I go into this area a couple or few times a day to open and close the garage door. Same message as above.

Edited by mmb
Update

When this happens is the title at the top of the screen "My Geofences"?

My guess is My Geofences is the only tile for a brief second, then registers the click for the wrong tile taking you to the My Geofences Screen instead of My Devices.

If the tile is different please share a screenshot. 

Posted (edited)

Ok, I'll watch for it carefully and confirm but I'm pretty sure it is My Devices.

Update @Javi the screen displays My Devices, when pressed this time I got the Geofencing screen briefly followed by the same Geofencing screen again.

Do you think it's time to uninstall/install?

Edited by mmb
Update

Uninstall will not change anything.  I do not understand

5 hours ago, mmb said:

I got the Geofencing screen briefly followed by the same Geofencing screen again.

Are you seeing 2 geofence screens?  While the "My Geofences" screen content may change the title should remain the same if on the same screen.

• Solution
Posted (edited)

Hi Javi, I selected My Devices and received two Geofencing screens in sequence, the first lasting only a moment.  The second screen required a tap to display my devices.

Anyway at this point I thought it would be easier to just delete the app, reinstall, then do a fresh sync of the data. I didn't use backup/restore. My customizations are relatively minor so it didn't take much time set them up.

I'll let you know if it happens again.

<<Not the Solution, problem continues>>

Edited by mmb
Wasn't the solution

Uninstall would likely not change anything as My Geofences is a UD Mobile Feature, not related to eisy.

If encountered again, please post a screenshot of the second screen which requires tap as I cannot replicate.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

@Javi the warning is back, it started late last week. Tapping My Devices brings up the warning.

Per your instructions and there is no second tap, I can only tap the back button which takes me to the Home screen, then tapping My Devices works as expected.

What is the warning supposed to be triggering on?

UD Mobile thinks you are tapping "My Geofences" which is on the same screen. If you tap "My Geofences" you will get the same screen.

I cannot replicate the issue, and could not find a reason this would happen, as all items on this screen are static (don't change) so the index would never change which makes it unlikely the tap index is incorrect due to race (tap/refresh). 

I know this may sound unlikely but, if you are right handed and are using your thumb, your thumb would pass directly above "My Geofences".  It is possible the phone is reading a tap at this location for some reason. Maybe the screen is dirty, maybe thumb is too close.

The tiles on the screen with "My Devices" will flash blue briefly when they are clicked, when this happens do you see the press indication? 

Edit: I tested on UD Mobile iOS 1.1.60, so if not using the same version try upgrade.

Posted (edited)
On 4/30/2024 at 9:05 AM, Javi said:

I know this may sound unlikely but, if you are right handed and are using your thumb, your thumb would pass directly above "My Geofences".  It is possible the phone is reading a tap at this location for some reason. Maybe the screen is dirty, maybe thumb is too close.

The tiles on the screen with "My Devices" will flash blue briefly when they are clicked, when this happens do you see the press indication? 

Edit: I tested on UD Mobile iOS 1.1.60, so if not using the same version try upgrade.

@Javi I actually thought of a rogue thumb as well, so last night before checking UDM I was very careful to use my left index finger.

So coincidentally it just happened as I was going to check into your last comment, pressing My Devices flashes the GeoFence Tile not My Devices, then the warning appears.

I'm on 1.1.57 and will update later.

Update: 1.1.60 didn’t fix it.

I also turned off Location Services altogether for UDM but just got the permission error.

IMG_3643.jpeg

Edited by mmb
Update for Javi
  • 1 month later...