Can't create or modify existing favorites

Go to solution Solved by Javi,

Hi @Javi,  I've run into a problem with my favorites, specifically Display Status.

Here is an example but it happens for all types of favorites.

I create a favorite for a variable. I use the default value for the Display Status and it's all good, see screen shot.  But if I try to create it with a different value for Display status or go back and try to change the Display status I get the the word REQUIRED! in the display status and then I'm stuck.  It will not accept any value at this point.

Suggestions?  Thank you.

Photo Apr 29 2024, 10 26 58 AM.png

Photo Apr 29 2024, 10 29 35 AM.png

• Solution

Thanks for the report, I'm building 1.1.60 now, so just need to await Apple's processing/approval.

Issue caused by architecture changes.  A display node is now a group of nodes, although only one is shown to the user in the Favorites Editor.

• Like 1

No need to recreate unless they have been deleted, it's just a lookup error. 

The UDM wals looking for the node's default display status instead of the favorites defined display status which results in an error.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, tmorse305 said:

Hi @Javi, I just tried 1.1.60 and the error has been corrected.  However the Favorite does not show the selected value.  See screen shots.  Thank you.

I can not replicate this behavior. Does the Device's Dashboard show a value for High Temperature?

52 minutes ago, tmorse305 said:

@Javi, No there is no data for the device, see screen shot.  There is data when I look at it from the AC.  Synchronize does not fix it.

Is it just the nodes related to this node server?   If not are the nodes affected only Node Servers?

1 hour ago, tmorse305 said:

It appears to just be node servers affected.  I just checked on a 2nd eisy I have and it has the same problem

Ok found an error in manual refresh, fix will be in today's build.  However this should only have been an issue if the subscription (value updates) are not happening automatically.  This could be related to Portal issues experienced today, you may want to try local connection settings if on the same network.

13 hours ago, tmorse305 said:

Fixed!  Thank you very much!

Great!

10 minutes ago, PB11 said:

My favs not updating while remote. 
can’t test local as I’m away from property. 
have installed the most recent patch. 

This is another issue which should now be resolved see https://forum.universal-devices.com/topic/43490-oauth-error-showing-devices/

If this is related to the issue in this topic please verify UD Mobile is on the latest version.

Hi @Javi, Thought it was fixed but there is one thing not quite right.  The High Temp display status that I mentioned previously will not update automatically from a fresh start of UD Mobile.   It's blank but if I tap on it the device details come up and show that they are populated, then when I  return to the favorite the value is now populated.

I have the 3 update status turned on.  It is only this specific one that is not working.  All other favorites update correctly after a restart of UD Mobile.  Something about this device must be different.  It's no biggie but I thought you would like to know.

Thank you for the great support!

40 minutes ago, tmorse305 said:

Hi @Javi, Thought it was fixed but there is one thing not quite right.  The High Temp display status that I mentioned previously will not update automatically from a fresh start of UD Mobile.   It's blank but if I tap on it the device details come up and show that they are populated, then when I  return to the favorite the value is now populated.

I have the 3 update status turned on.  It is only this specific one that is not working.  All other favorites update correctly after a restart of UD Mobile.  Something about this device must be different.  It's no biggie but I thought you would like to know.

Thank you for the great support!

I can not replicate this behavior.  I have a similar (weatherBit) node which updates as expected.  

It is possible there is a race condition somewhere where the null value populates after the received value but I think you would see this with the other nodes.   If you have a large system it could be the value for this node is toward the end of the status updates, so it will update but take longer than nodes at the beginning.  Opening the Device's Dashboard forces a refresh, so this is working as expected.

As a test for the race, and If eisy is hardwired please test the following.  Disconnect eisy from internet (remove cable). Keep mobile device screen on while doing the next steps. Swipt UDM from recent applications (so we have a fresh start), Open UDM go to favorites, all values should be empty as eisy is not connected to the network wait for a few seconds so that the app is completely loaded.  Reconnect ethernet values should start to populate.  Does this node's value populate?

On 4/30/2024 at 11:55 AM, dbwarner5 said:

@Javi The variables are now filling, but when I try to use Advanced Status configuration, I get an error message. 

See screen recording below.  I have done a sync so everything is up to date. 

@Javi.. I can now as reported earlier, change the advanced status, but it doesn't seem to be recognizing it. See screen shots below.  I have a condition that if it Device forecast 1 = rain likely to use an umbrella icon. As you can see it is not using it. 

IMG_6278.thumb.jpg.ac575ce9d7a86a1f77702a95acc62822.jpgIMG_6280.thumb.PNG.b9240c2d4acc721180382a48b632a4e1.PNGIMG_6279.thumb.jpg.7ffd0ef560daf04b7a0e63366f66652f.jpg

17 hours ago, dbwarner5 said:

@Javi.. I can now as reported earlier, change the advanced status, but it doesn't seem to be recognizing it. See screen shots below.  I have a condition that if it Device forecast 1 = rain likely to use an umbrella icon. As you can see it is not using it. 

I cannot replicate this behavior, but located a bug yesterday which may cause the issue if you have multiple node servers with nodes containing the same status ID.  Do you have multiple weather Nodes Installed?

3 hours ago, Javi said:

I cannot replicate this behavior, but located a bug yesterday which may cause the issue if you have multiple node servers with nodes containing the same status ID.  Do you have multiple weather Nodes Installed?

only one weather ns... but today, its suddenly worked for "thunderstorms likely".... will keep an eye on it as conditions change to see if the icons follow suit. I have a different icon for each weather condition.