ZWave Energy Monitor Plug for 220v Loads

I want to write an automation script to notify me when my dryer load is completed. To do this, I think I'll need a plug for monitoring the load change on the dryer. Does anyone on this forum know a ZWave plug for this purpose that works with the ISY994? Or, if I'm barking up the wrong tree, is there a better way to accomplish this task?

I have been using a Yolink vibration sensor on both the washing machine and the dryer for about a year now. They are connected to ISY via the Yolink Plugin.

Works fine since it was installed.

• Like 2

@DennisC that's great! Sadly, I think @matapan is still using the ISY994 since this is posted in the ISY994 -> Z-Wave 300/500 area. (and they said "works with the ISY994")

PS: @DennisC you just made me buy one to test on the dryer since the "cycle end alert" sound seems to have started to fail on our dryer. 

@DennisC

My dryer is at the opposite end of the house and I'm never able to hear when the dryer stops, and I've also been looking for a solution. When you open or close the dryer door doesn't that cause the sensor to change states?

Do you have to manually start a (isy) program everytime you start the dryer?

2 hours ago, Geddy said:

@DennisC that's great! Sadly, I think @matapan is still using the ISY994 since this is posted in the ISY994 -> Z-Wave 300/500 area. (and they said "works with the ISY994")

PS: @DennisC you just made me buy one to test on the dryer since the "cycle end alert" sound seems to have started to fail on our dryer. 

I send the alert directly to my wife's phone, triggering a unique tone using the Notification plugin. This way she doesn't even need to look at her phone, she knows laundry is done based on the sound.

2 hours ago, Techman said:

When you open or close the dryer door doesn't that cause the sensor to change states?

I set this up very quickly about a year ago with the intent of going back and fine tuning it when I had more time. I am still waiting for more time.....

2 hours ago, Techman said:

Do you have to manually start a (isy) program everytime you start the dryer?

The way I did this was to create a program that is triggered by vibration stopping, which then sends out a notification after a time delay.

The time delay is present to account for any pauses between cycles for the washing machine.

Yes, currently closing the doors on the machines triggers the alert. That's the part I was going to go back and work on. Just haven't had the time yet.

Since our machines are in the basement, my wife was pleased with getting the notifications and said she doesn't mind it going off when she loads the machine.

The Yolink app has a sensitivity setting and I did attempt to lower it, but some notifications were then missed and just set it back higher. I feel certain I could tweak it to find the sweet spot either using the sensitivity setting, or maybe the location of the sensor.

Everything thing is automatic, I don't need to reset anything between machine runs or manually start a program running.

This method uses the native Yolink app, the Yolink plugin, and the Notification plugin.

• Thanks 1