After PLM replacement, secondary switch of 3-way switch still works manually, but no longer via ISY console

Hello!

I had to replace my PLM and I believe I followed the PLM replacement instructions correctly.  After replacing the PLM, my secondary switch in a 3-way switch configuration for my Driveway Lights no longer works correctly when I command it on or off via the ISY console, however it does work correctly when I manually switch it on or off.   When I toggle the secondary switch via the ISY console the indicator lights on the physical switch react correctly, but the Driveway Lights no longer changes state.

Both the primary and secondary switches are part of a scene called Driveway Lights and each switch is a controller and a responder.

Any ideas what might be wrong?  Any info would be greatly appreciated.

My config is as follows:

ISY                    uuid:00:21:b9:02:27:64

Firmware.         Insteon_UD994_OADR v.5.0.16 ( 2019-10-08-10:00:50 )

UI                      Insteon_UD994 v.5.0.16 ( 2019-10-08-09:43:00)

Product             ISY 994i/IR PRO (1110)

• OpenADR (21010)
  • Z-Wave (21100)

12 hours ago, dkenman said:

Hello!

I had to replace my PLM and I believe I followed the PLM replacement instructions correctly.  After replacing the PLM, my secondary switch in a 3-way switch configuration for my Driveway Lights no longer works correctly when I command it on or off via the ISY console, however it does work correctly when I manually switch it on or off.   When I toggle the secondary switch via the ISY console the indicator lights on the physical switch react correctly, but the Driveway Lights no longer changes state.

Both the primary and secondary switches are part of a scene called Driveway Lights and each switch is a controller and a responder.

Any ideas what might be wrong?  Any info would be greatly appreciated.

My config is as follows:

ISY                    uuid:00:21:b9:02:27:64

Firmware.         Insteon_UD994_OADR v.5.0.16 ( 2019-10-08-10:00:50 )

UI                      Insteon_UD994 v.5.0.16 ( 2019-10-08-09:43:00)

Product             ISY 994i/IR PRO (1110)

• OpenADR (21010)
  • Z-Wave (21100)

Have you tried File>restore PLM, then File>Restore Devices?

1 hour ago, dkenman said:

@tazman, Wow!  Thank you!  I didn't know that.  So, even though the secondary switch (2477D) LEDs do respond, the load  (Driveway Lights) shouldn't, correct?  Please confirm.  

Correct the device will respond but the scene will not. You have to physically activate the switch for it to send the command to operate the scene and that is why it is best to operate the scenes from the admin console and in programs to keep everything in sync.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, dkenman said:

@tazman, Wow!  Thank you!  I didn't know that.  So, even though the secondary switch (2477D) LEDs do respond, the load  (Driveway Lights) shouldn't, correct?  Please confirm.  

It sounds like we are confusing terms here.  Tazman is referring to the Secondary Buttons on a KeyPadLinc.

It looks as if you are referring to a 2477 Dimmer Switch that is a SECONDARY (responding) device in a scene.  Please respond whether this is correct.

If this is the case, the load should react when the 2477D Leds react.  If it does not, you have a defective load, problems with your wiring, or a blown Triac (output stage) in you 2477D.

5 hours ago, IndyMike said:

It sounds like we are confusing terms here.  Tazman is referring to the Secondary Buttons on a KeyPadLinc.

It looks as if you are referring to a 2477 Dimmer Switch that is a SECONDARY (responding) device in a scene.  Please respond whether this is correct.

If this is the case, the load should react when the 2477D Leds react.  If it does not, you have a defective load, problems with your wiring, or a blown Triac (output stage) in you 2477D.

Tazman is correct. I didnt read his message close enough. He's activating the secondary switch of a 3way (non-load) instead of the scene itself. Since he's activating the device, he's only controlling that device.

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, IndyMike said:

@IndyMike thanks for your help.   Yes, you're correct.  I have two 2477 Dimmer Switches associated with 'Driveway Lights'.  However, when I operate the SECONDARY switch manually/physically 'Driveway Lights' respond as expected, but when I operate the SECONDARY switch via the ISY994i Console,  'Driveway Lights' DO NOT respond, although the switch's LEDs do.  Btw, before I installed the two 2477s, the lights were controlled by traditional 3-way switches.   

Edited by dkenman
24 minutes ago, dkenman said:

@IndyMike thanks for your help.   Yes, you're correct.  I have two 2477 Dimmer Switches associated with 'Driveway Lights'.  However, when I operate the SECONDARY switch manually/physically 'Driveway Lights' respond as expected, but when I operate the SECONDARY switch via the ISY994i Console,  'Driveway Lights' DO NOT respond, although the switch's LEDs do.  Btw, before I installed the two 2477s, the lights were controlled by traditional 3-way switches.   

Go with what Tazman said. You must operate the scene when using the admin console. Using the device itself will only operate that device. What you are experiencing is proper behavior.

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, dkenman said:

Sorry - looks like I was the one that was confused.  Back to your normally scheduled broadcast...

• Like 1