Fibaro The Button

CPrince
Go to solution Solved by DennisC,

I searched this forum and found one topic on The Button, but now I can't find it.  Basically people said it was very unreliable and didn't work.  Then one guy figured out the madness and said it did work flawlessly.  This person did not say what they did.  They did say they put it in a scene.  So I tossed  an Insteon appliance module and The Button in a scene and well; nothing.  Lets back up.  It was a royal pain adding this thing to IoX.  I had to add it and delete it many times.  This is what I ended up with...

image.png.f5100b5fd1b4a9583e460375203e4923.png

Nothing works but it does report the battery status. When I press the button (no pun intended) it shows this.....

image.png.ecc1ee0e1e12cbd4841df0afc65a8e7e.png

So we know it is functioning.  I have never written a scene.  So maybe that is where my problem is.  This is my scene....

image.thumb.png.ea2042821a7d311460209fabafe3d3ea.png

When all is said and done, I would like to use this as a call button, so someone could signal for help on the other side of the house.  Thanks for any tips!

@gviliunas I have been following a post from about 4 years ago about "The Button".  I have the same model and make as you have. I have got it to appear on my installed devices. I have entered the 5 values you suggest.  I have made a program looking at the scene.  It all looks good but does not work.  I have added and removed this button about 6 times.. I have cleared it memory many times. I get the same entries all the time.  I just can't figure out what I am missing.  I can see the button communicating on the event viewer.  

Thank you

@CPrince A year or two ago, I tried using two "The Button" and even tried one replaced under warranty and the performance was maddening! They would work for several minutes, hours, and even a day but then I would find myself "smashing" The Button many times hoping that it would turn on my desk light. Maddeningly Intermittent! Eventually, I gave up and replaced it with a wireless Insteon wall switch which has worked perfectly ever since.

• Like 1

@gviliunas Not exactly what I was hoping to hear.  I guess I can finally stop hitting my head on my desk. I retrofitted a TrigerLink with a button a while back and while it does not look bad; it doesn't look good.   https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0989V53JX/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

image.png.6d4c85827e2c2fb4f19b1f5663c00566.png

Thanks so much for responding!