2448A7 USB Stick RF PLM in the works.

Brian H

• 3 weeks later...

For those developers who have access to the code area.

A Developers Notes where added today for the module.

There maybe one small typo in it. It says it uses the same command set as the Powerlinc USB (2414U) with a few differences.

I believe it should be (2412U)a PLM not a 2414U PLC.

Since it is RF only and Access Points and dual band modules don't do X10 signaling though RF. X10 is not supported by the unit.

Also in the FCC database. There are internal and external photos of the unit and a quick users guide. :)

Thanks for the info Brian.

Good catch on the lack of X10 communication. That's somewhat of a deal breaker for me. I could see where this device, combined with a laptop, might be a big help in troubleshooting RF communications in a large install.

How did you find the device in the FCC database? Do you have a FCC ID?

IM

https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/rep ... Search.cfm

Search the Grantee Code SBP.

Product Code 2448A7

Since there are not lots of different Smartlabs RF type Insteon devices. The search will find ten hits. If you only input the Grantee Code.

You can then pick from the list the modules model number. Now if you ever search B4S {X10's code} you will get I believe 6 pages of hits. :wink:

In the Details Tab. Is the photos and some test reports. Quick Users Guide is also there.

The X10 stuff was mentioned in the small information sheet they had in the developers code area. Kind of make sense as the Dual Band modules and Access Points don't resend X10 Rf signals.

https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/reports/GenericSearch.cfm

Search the Grantee Code SBP.

Product Code 2448A7

Since there are not lots of different Smartlabs RF type Insteon devices. The search will find ten hits. If you only input the Grantee Code.

Thanks for the search method Brian. I think I may have gone that route in the past, but I'm six hours into power washing my deck and am feeling a bit brain dead.

The X10 stuff was mentioned in the small information sheet they had in the developers code area. Kind of make sense as the Dual Band modules and Access Points don't resend X10 Rf signals.

As you indicated, it's logical that X10 won't be handled by a RF only device. Nonetheless, it's not something the normal purchaser would think about. Hopefully SH will include a prominent disclaimer on their web page when the device becomes available.

Thanks again,

IM

Archived