September 28Sep 28 I tried to open the admin console from my Mac and it had disappeared from my menu. I have continued to try using online instructions. Have I failed to pay some fee? If so, to whm and how?
September 28Sep 28 See https://wiki.universal-devices.com/Main_Page#On_Big_Sur,_Admin_Console_is_no_longer_a_separate_Window
September 28Sep 28 3 hours ago, hart2hart said:That’s likely a macOS issue. Apple removed support for Java recently.It is near certainty that it is a Mac issue. I lost mine a month or so ago. As far as I know, one must now use the eisy-ui. Edited September 28Sep 28 by oberkc
September 28Sep 28 My brother was having problems with the AC on his Mac, I suggest updating to get eisyUI.In short the update failed, eisyUI won't start and no signs of a web server. SSH does work fortunately.He has submitted a ticket, awaiting response.
September 28Sep 28 Java 8 continues to work fine on the latest macOS Golden Gate on Apple Silicon (M series).Uninstall any existing version of Java and download the latest Java for macOS Arm64 from herehttps://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp Edited September 28Sep 28 by Diesel
Thursday at 10:51 AM5 days I saw the comment about Network Resources coming soon, thanks. But what is the plan for Web Server file transfers. Thanks
Friday at 11:28 AM4 days NR is already implemented, although requires fixes, in the next release.Web Server is legacy, and using default conflicts with eisy-ui. We had not planned on migrating this feature, files can still be added via ssh.What is the use case?
Friday at 06:58 PM4 days @Javi My non-standard undocumented node server built in 2016 is a cllent of an eternal web server on a raspberry pi. I believe this is working as of now, based on http return codes I have looked at. If this is going away I can probably substitute REST commands and network resources but it would be good to know. It's a nice feature to have.
Friday at 08:02 PM4 days 1 hour ago, stillwater said:@Javi My non-standard undocumented node server built in 2016 is a cllent of an eternal web server on a raspberry pi. I believe this is working as of now, based on http return codes I have looked at. If this is going away I can probably substitute REST commands and network resources but it would be good to know. It's a nice feature to have.Are you sure this is the same Web Server? Admin Console > Configuration > Networking > Web Server
Friday at 09:43 PM4 days @Javi You are right, it's very different. There is an external web service that is consumed as a client by IoX. Configured (host name = ip address and user/ password/Port) via AC>Plugins>Plugin Configuration. I am pretty sure these parameters can be entered via REST also.
Saturday at 06:59 PM3 days I have a whole dashboard that is hosted on the web server. I needed to host it there to avoid cross domain scripting errors. I don't mind if it moves to another port, but I would really like it to remain viable. http://192.168.3.14:8080/USER/WEB/HV2.htm# Edited Saturday at 07:00 PM3 days by Andy P
Sunday at 07:39 PM2 days I tried to access the files by SSH which I think are in the /var/isy/files/user/web directory but I got stopped with permission errors at the /isy directory level.So if there is not going to be an option to manage the user/web files in eisy-ui, how are they accessed using ssh?
Sunday at 07:48 PM2 days 7 minutes ago, Andy P said:I tried to access the files by SSH which I think are in the /var/isy/files/user/web directory but I got stopped with permission errors at the /isy directory level.So if there is not going to be an option to manage the user/web files in eisy-ui, how are they accessed using ssh?Start by doing: sudo sh and enter the admin password. This puts you in superuser mode, and can go anywhere.
Monday at 09:52 AM1 day 13 hours ago, Guy Lavoie said:Start by doing: sudo shThanks, Guy, that got me access to the directory and I was able to confirm the location./var/isy/FILES/USER/WEB. Now I want to be able to upload the files directly from sftp in VSCODE, so I believe I have two options. 1. change the permissions on that directory using CHMOD so that I can access it without elevated credentials, or2. remove the password for access using admin ALL=(ALL) NOPASSWD: /usr/libexec/sftp-serverAny recommendation or anything I am missing?
Monday at 12:13 PM1 day Whatever works for you. I copy files back and forth from my PC using the scp command. The syntax takes a bit of getting used to, but I like the command line convenience. The format is similar to using ssh, along with path names.No harm in using chmod to make directory access easier.
Create an account or sign in to comment