Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Universal Devices Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Update to EISYUI failed, ticket submitted

Featured Replies

@Javi my brother attempted to update his EISY to get the new UI for his Mac using the AC but the update failed. Seems it never came back after the prompted reboot.

He submitted a ticket but only had a cursory response yesterday.

He's asking me if there's possibly a problem with the update that is being looked into? Or too busy with other tickets?

I told him I have no clue but I'd post on the forum to see if I can get more info.

He understands this is a huge update.

Thanks

@mmb I would suggest keep working on the ticket side. It's just now 8 on the west coast and yesterday was Sunday. Reply to any comments on the ticket.

One thing I would not suggest is any SSH commands...since UD specifically said if it doesn't come back up to open a support ticket. At this point random commands trying to figure out what happened or force something could further cause an issue so it's best to work directly with UD to support the situation. It helps UD as well as they might be able to see what happened in the update and could be resolved so others don't have the same issue.

If the update suggested that it was done and to reboot then it might be safe to pull the power to the unit and wait ~30 seconds before plugging it back in. But again, I'd strongly encourage waiting for a reply to the support ticket to get further support directly with UD.

  • Author
14 minutes ago, Geddy said:

If the update suggested that it was done and to reboot then it might be safe to pull the power to the unit and wait ~30 seconds before plugging it back in. But again, I'd strongly encourage waiting for a reply to the support ticket to get further support directly with UD.

My brother says the update was completed and was prompt to reboot, which he did. No signs of life on the web side.

I walked him through how to ssh to see if the EISY still alive and he was able to get in but that's all. He knows nothing about command line concepts so he won't get very far.

UD has been very responsive to his tickets in the past but this one is taking longer than normal, why he's asking me.

Guess we'll see.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.