Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Universal Devices Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Error message in UDM

Featured Replies

@Javi When I turn on or off an Elk output in UDM, I get the following error message. The command does go thru however.

This error does NOT show up in the UI.

IMG_2383.jpeg

Solved by Javi

This is usually caused when the plugin software (PG3) does not respond to a command before the controller timeout. It could be the plugin software, the plugin itself, or if too many commands a re sent consecutively.

Did this recently start after some change (e..g migrating to eisy-ui plugins from PG3)? Is is sporadic?

  • Author

I am not sure when it started, but it happens every time. The command does get executed however.

  • Author

yes, its been doing it for a while now and I have rebooted the EISY after each of the new upgrades. The error only appears in UDM.. it does not appear in the UI.

It is likely eisy-ui fails to propagate the error to the user. Will likely show the same error response in the browser's developer tools.

Unfortunately I don't have a good test case on when or why this happens, so will need help identifying the cause. If anyone checks the PG3 or Plugins log it may show an error which we can isolate.

  • Author
19 hours ago, Javi said:

It is likely eisy-ui fails to propagate the error to the user. Will likely show the same error response in the browser's developer tools.

Unfortunately I don't have a good test case on when or why this happens, so will need help identifying the cause. If anyone checks the PG3 or Plugins log it may show an error which we can isolate.

I am able to easily repeat this error because it happens every time. So I cycled an elk output called Sprkl Drip Line (n014_output_28) and downloaded all the possible logs for pgx and the debug log from the Elk plugin.

Begin at time 026-10-06 08:26:58.085 Command udi_interface DEBUG Output:cmd_set_on: output_28:Sprkl Drip Line in Elk Debug Log.

Admin Edit <removed attached files>

Thanks.

2 hours ago, dbwarner5 said:

I am able to easily repeat this error because it happens every time. So I cycled an elk output called Sprkl Drip Line (n014_output_28) and downloaded all the possible logs for pgx and the debug log from the Elk plugin.

Begin at time 026-10-06 08:26:58.085 Command udi_interface DEBUG Output:cmd_set_on: output_28:Sprkl Drip Line in Elk Debug Log.

Admin Edit <removed attached files>

Thanks.

Does this only happen when multiple commands are issued in a short period, less than 1 second apart? This seems too fast for a human, is there are program that triggers another command to the same nodeserver at the same time.

2026-10-06 08:26:58.082 [pg3] info: API call: GET /ns/00:21:b9:02:63:5d_14/nodes/n014_output_28/cmd/DON
....

2026-10-06 08:26:58.153 [pg3] info: API call: GET /ns/00:21:b9:02:63:5d_14/nodes/n014_output_17/cmd/DON

...

2026-10-06 08:26:58.234 [pg3] info: API call: GET /ns/00:21:b9:02:63:5d_14/nodes/n014_output_17/cmd/DON

  • Author

No..it happens every time I "press" the button in UDM to change the state of the node. Time in between changes is irrelevant.

  • Author

It’s my sprinkler system. So when I turn a valve on, there is a program that turns on the pump. Ill add a delay and see if that helps but when I turn it off I really need the pump to shut down immediately so may still have the problem but will play with a 1 second delay

  • Solution

Being as it works, the issue is just feedback. Due to the future migration PG3 to eisy-ui Plugins, I'm not sure if we would investigate the issue on PG3 (as it could be one of the limitations we hope to solve with eisy-ui plugins). If the Elk plugin works on Plugins (Beta) we can investigate the response issue.

This is the same issue I see, this is arming my Elk panel. It succeeded in arming, but I got the message. It is a command type of favorite that sets the alarm system to armed night in this instance. Arming the system also triggers some programs in IoX to run.

image.png

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.