2477D SwitchLinc Flickering

Senor Mano

I recently installed a 2477D Dual-Band SwitchLinc.

However, the lights it controls intermittently flicker (lights flash off very briefly). There does not seem to be a pattern to the flickering. Sometimes the flicker every few seconds; other times they flicker every few minutes.

The issue persists no matter the brightness set on the SwitchLinc, and continues even if I remove all other Insteon devices and PLMs from the "network".

The load is a set of three pot lights, with flood lights (normal incandescent floods, 60W each at full power).

• 11 months later...

If you have checked the connections and verified correct loads.

Call the Insteon Gold Support Line and see what they say.

There could be problems with the electronics that are not aware of.

I know some of the earlier hardware revision SwitchLinc Dimmers would flicker with power line signals and noise.

They updated the electronics to correct the problem.

mysteryman:

I had two early models, both with the issue. I called the Gold line back then and they insisted it was a loose connection or interference. Same issue with both switches no matter where I installed them. I waited a few weeks, called back, and they admitted to some known issues -- swapped both out, and the new ones are fine.

Learned my lesson -- don't live on the bleeding edge with a new model release ;)

Archived