Release 2.8.8 (RC4 - Code Freeze) Is Now Available

Michel Kohanim

Michel,

Just now I was using the ISY console and then switched over to this forum. It had only been a minute or two when the ISY console screen popped up over this screen with the password entry box showing and exclamation marks next to all devices. I had never had this happen before prior to this 2.8.8 firmware. This has happened many times since the update. Logging back in fixes it (it has the password filled in already so I just have to hit enter).

Prior to re-logging in, I went to the subcriptions irl you listed and below is what returned.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>

-

it.

Just upgraded to 2.8.8 and everything appears to work great except SMS notifications (I haven't tested email). I even tried setting up this simple program:

If
  - No Conditions - (To add one, press 'Schedule' or 'Condition')

Then
       Send Notification to 'Tim'

Else
  - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

I ran the THEN statement, and . . . nothing. No SMS was received. I tested my phone by sending a text from my wife's phone; that message arrived within seconds.

FYI, my (one and only) notification program was working fine under 2.8.6.

Hello all,

Release 2.8.7 RC4 (Code Freeze) is now available. Although this firmware has been tested thoroughly, please note that this is still a beta firmware. Please do be kind enough to :

1. Test programs especially those that activate notifications

2. Test notifications

3. Test network resources

3. Test stability and observe any type of network anomaly

4. Checkout UI enhancements and fixes

7. IMPORTANT Once upgrade is completed and ISY reboots, use any of the following methods to access your ISY's Admin Console:

a. http://isy/admin - applet (Windows only)

b. http://isy/admin.jnlp - Java application (Windows only)

c. http://your.isy.ip.address/admin - applet

d. http://your.isy.ip.address/admin.jnlp - Java application

e. http://www.universal-devices.com/99i/2.8.8 - applet

f. http://www.universal-devices.com/99i/2.8.8/admin.jnlp - Java application

INSTEON:Help_Menu#Request.2FManage_SSL_Certificates

Thanks and with kind regards,

Michel

Are these the only ways to now log on? I had a 99i Administrative Console icon in my Start Menu that now does not work? I get a java error saying unable to launch application. If I use the methods above, they work fine. Any ideas how to resolve that issue? Thanks.

JCBond, it should not take that long to rename a device. What's your operating system and Java version?

RespIpsa, if you are using custom notifications, please make sure you have both the subject and the body filled out.

dennisric, I wished you had not done a factory reset for I think the problem is Java cache and and old certificate from the previous firmware. If you are still having problems, please send contact us at http://www.universal-devices.com/contact.htm and we'll log in to your computer to see what's causing the issue

With kind regards,

Mchel

I just noticed the \r\n change to 2.8.8. So I checked out my network resources and noticed that the \r\n does show, but it added extra "n's" Sometimes just one, sometimes several. \r\n\n\n\n or \r\n\n for example. Not sure what to make of this. I use this to send the ir commands to my global cache which seems to work fine though I haven't checked every single code.

What do those stand for anyway? carriage return?

Michel,

I tried to edit out the extra \n's in the resource editor followed by pushing "update" then "save". After closing the dialog box and then reopening it, the extra /n's are still there.

I also noticed that some of the codes have a /r prepended to the line of code. This also does not get saved when I remove it.

Making other changes is saved.

Lou

I tried a basic script that looks for an X10 ON or OFF command and turns an Insteon module on or off based on the command sent. The Insteon module is never toggled - it appears that ISY is not listening for the X10 commands.

I am having ISY look for On (3) and Off (11) commands in the script.

The X10 commands are being sent wirelessly using a Keychain remote and a TM-751 module is converting the wireless command into one on the powerline.

Anyone seen this? I think ISY used to work with X10 commands in previous firmware versions.

I use a similar method to turn on my lights when I disarm my Visonic alarm panel. My program appears to be working fine. I am on 2.8.10.

I tried a basic script that looks for an X10 ON or OFF command and turns an Insteon module on or off based on the command sent. The Insteon module is never toggled - it appears that ISY is not listening for the X10 commands.

I am having ISY look for On (3) and Off (11) commands in the script.

The X10 commands are being sent wirelessly using a Keychain remote and a TM-751 module is converting the wireless command into one on the powerline.

Anyone seen this? I think ISY used to work with X10 commands in previous firmware versions.

matapan

Invoke Tools | Diagnostics | Event Viewer selecting the Device Communications Events options. The X10 messages should be traced by the Event Viewer. If they are there then post the Program. If nothing shows in the Event Viewer the X10 signals are not making it to the ISY PLM. X10 devices are not defined. They will appear in the Event Viewer if the PLM is receiving them. Insteon Access Points do not couple X10 messages. Perhaps the X10 receiver is on the opposite 120V leg as the ISY PLM.

Lee

I now have ver 2.8.8 working ok. I now can not do a backup. I get these two errors never seen before. ERROR: Could not create zip file. ERROR: Could not Retreive file/conf/mail/1.NOT. Any help would be great. I now see ver 2.8.10 is out but until I can do a backup I am afraid to go any further.

Thanks

I have a 2441V v2 Thermostat Adapter. The fan state is reported to be on under the thermostat's Fan Control node. The fan is not on. I queried the thermostat interface's main node to see if this was a refresh issue. Apparently not, as the Fan State node is still set to ON when the fan isn't on at all.

Anyone else seen this in this firmware release?