Release 2.8.9 (RC5) Is Now Available

Michel Kohanim

Hello junkycosmos,

I am so very sorry for a tardy reply. You cannot add ML using Add New Device AND you will have to use the 3rd option.

The reason is that ISY has to read the database which includes the records to communicate with the lock. Any other method wipes them off and thus removes the original links from ML Lock.

With kind regards,

Michel

Hi Michel,

Not a problem on your reply timing... surely hope folks do not expect forums to be instant... thanks for the reply.

I do have two follow up Qs:

1. pretty sure the answer is no here but figured I would check. Is it possible to individually control multiple locks from one MorningLinc module ? Currently we have 1 Morninglinc controlling 4 locks as a set but ideally we would like to control them individually.

2. Noted too that SH states MorningLinc can control up to 15 RF Locks however names no reference to individually. Seeing reference to a 15 lock limit seems silly (Locks or unlocks up to 15 Morning Industry RF deadbolts and door locks at the press of a button) but it brings forth my 2nd Q: Does anyone know if the MorningLinc RF comm to Lock is 2way ? Easy assumption would be "no; its 1 way" however reference to the 15 lock limit is interesting but maybe that is just poor documentation on SH's part since there is a "15 RF remote limit". However if MorngLinc RF comm to lock is 2way I would begin to wonder if there are any long term options of pulling confirmation messages etc.

Thanks

J

I do have two follow up Qs:

1. pretty sure the answer is no here but figured I would check. Is it possible to individually control multiple locks from one MorningLinc module ? Currently we have 1 Morninglinc controlling 4 locks as a set but ideally we would like to control them individually.

I believe the MorningLinc is essentially an ApplianceLinc with a Morning Industries remote as a daughterboard. As such, it has similar limitations to a Morning Industries remote--you can associate it with multiple locks, but all associated locks within RF range lock/unlock in response to the same button press.

While this means you don't have discreet control over each lock using a single MorningLinc, you ought to be able to add multiple MorningLincs to the ISY, then use programs to lock and unlock different sets of locks in response to different Insteon controls or timer triggers.