setting excel security to allow ISY logs

apostolakisl

Excel blocks my ISY logs because I have a self signed certificate (I believe that is the reason).

Anyway, I can set the security to low and view the files. But I hate doing that because I know I will forget to put it back.

They have a feature for "trusted publishers" in the macro security section. Does anyone know how to set that up to allow my ISY logs?

• 1 month later...

Excel 2007 seems to work differently than the low/medium/high concept.

The options in Excel 2007's "Trust Center" is either a variation of "disable" all (with and without notification) or enable all, which is explicitly not recommended.

an alternative seems to be to provide a trusted directory. The problem I see is that ISY sends the log file to the temp directory used by all (trusted or not) apps by default. Setting that directory would be the equivalent of enabling all macros, I would think.

Is there a way to change the directory where ISY sends the file for Excel, then I can add that directory as trusted for macros and not open up a huge security hole?

Unless I'm just missing something about the macro security options in Excel 2007 (and latter?)

Archived