Insteon/ISY 99i IR Pro and Logitech Security Camera's

Everything was working fine until Saturday when my Logitech 700i and 700e camera's stopped being visible.

Everything worked in wonderful harmony until I purchased the Networking module. Not sure if that is the trigger but it is the closest event.

The Logitech 700i and 700e cameras use power lines to transmit the signals. I plug in a device and it has Cat 5 cable that goes from it to the router.

Router: Apple Airport Extreme

computer is HP notebook with Windows 7

I disconnected the ISY99i unit and one camera was discovered. Then I plugged the ISY in again and the camera wasn't found.

Can I uninstall the Networking module or do you know of another fix?

I will be back home tomorrow morning so hopefully I can resolve this one way or another.

Thanks. :lol:

Hello Mike_405,

I do not think the problem is the Network Module since its function is quite passive. Do you have any network resources doing things to your camera? If so, what happens when you disable the programs that call these network resources.

Also, it might be that when ISY was rebooted, it got the same IP address as one of your cameras. It would be best to change ISY's IP address to static (as a test) and outside the range of DHCP.

With kind regards,

Michel

Hello Mike_405,

I do not think the problem is the Network Module since its function is quite passive. Do you have any network resources doing things to your camera? If so, what happens when you disable the programs that call these network resources.

Also, it might be that when ISY was rebooted, it got the same IP address as one of your cameras. It would be best to change ISY's IP address to static (as a test) and outside the range of DHCP.

With kind regards,

Michel

Michel:

I may have fixed it. The Logitech folks said to reset the cameras and delete the commander.ini file. It seems to have worked. When I got home today the internet was not working. Being frustrated, just left it alone for a few hours until I decided it was necessary to reset the router. All seems to be working now.

Thank you.

Archived