Relase 2.8.13 Is Now Available

Michel Kohanim

mjtyson

Don’t know when it happened but at 2.8.13 the On only mode: is backward from the description in the popup. Put a check in the middle box to get On and Off commands. When unchecked the motion sensor is operating in On only mode. I confirmed this with both by checking the option bit that is being set in the motion sensor configuration and I get On and Off commands when the middle option is checked

Lee

Good news, just confirmed that checking the middle box solves the problem. Maybe be a link or a sticky should be made so others with the same problem on other threads can get this piece of info. I know there were some that came to the conclusion that this was a hardware issue with the 2420M instead of a GUI error. From looking at the forums this GUI error does not appear to be limited to 2.8.13.

Upgrading my ISY-99 from rev 2.8.7 to rev 2.8.13 seems to have completed successfully and without any error reports. After the upgrade the ISY appears to operate properly, and local access from my home network continues to work fine. Email reports from the ISY and NTP sync are still working fine, so outgoing access is functional, but I have lost remote access to the ISY, both on PCs from work and from MobiLinc on an iPhone. Other than updating to rev 2.8.13, no other system changes were made. Manual port forwarding in the router remains set just as it was prior to the ISY upgrade. ISY settings including CWP ports seem to be set properly, but remote access continues to fail. Upgrade instructions were followed including clearing cache.

Suggestions, please. Thanks.

Did you try hitting the "resync" under "settings" with Mobilinc - I upgraded from 2.8.8 -2.8.13 and had to resync in order to gain access - it may have something to do with a difference in java certificates.

Did you try hitting the "resync" under "settings" with Mobilinc - I upgraded from 2.8.8 -2.8.13 and had to resync in order to gain access - it may have something to do with a difference in java certificates.

Sure did, but thanks for the suggestion. Resyncing MobiLinc returns "an SSL error has occurred and a secure connection to the server cannot be made." About the same response from a remote web access attempt.

Sure did, but thanks for the suggestion. Resyncing MobiLinc returns "an SSL error has occurred and a secure connection to the server cannot be made." About the same response from a remote web access attempt.

This sounds similar to an experience I had with 2.8.8 before I had a working SSL certificate. I am no expert on SSL but this where I would look first. Are you using a service like Dyndns? I believe they require that you have an SSL certificate in order for things to work. Hopefully someone with more background will jump in...

wrj0 wrote:

Upgrading my ISY-99 from rev 2.8.7 to rev 2.8.13 seems to have completed successfully and without any error reports. After the upgrade the ISY appears to operate properly, and local access from my home network continues to work fine. Email reports from the ISY and NTP sync are still working fine, so outgoing access is functional, but I have lost remote access to the ISY, both on PCs from work and from MobiLinc on an iPhone. Other than updating to rev 2.8.13, no other system changes were made. Manual port forwarding in the router remains set just as it was prior to the ISY upgrade. ISY settings including CWP ports seem to be set properly, but remote access continues to fail. Upgrade instructions were followed including clearing cache.

Resyncing MobiLinc returns "an SSL error has occurred and a secure connection to the server cannot be made." About the same response from a remote web access attempt.

Suggestions, please. Thanks.

This sounds similar to an experience I had with 2.8.8 before I had a working SSL certificate. I am no expert on SSL but this where I would look first. Are you using a service like Dyndns? I believe they require that you have an SSL certificate in order for things to work. Hopefully someone with more background will jump in...

Finally got ISY remote access to work again! Reloaded ISY rev 2.8.13; re-booted cable modem, pix and router; re-established dynamic ip with DYNDNS; deleted all UDI certificates in Java security, and re-installed SSL certificate, and now remote access is working fine again. The SSL reset seems to have been the fix for the problem.

mjtyson: thanks for the suggestion.

I've got a couple of programs set to trigger before sunrise, at sunrise minus 20 minutes and sunrise minus 15 minutes, that haven't been firing since moving to 2.8.13. Is anyone else using a negative sunrise offset with 2.8.13 having trouble, or was this just coincidental timing?

I have upgraded to 2.8.13 and all of my programs that use an offset from sunrise or sunset are working as expected.

I've got a couple of programs set to trigger before sunrise, at sunrise minus 20 minutes and sunrise minus 15 minutes, that haven't been firing since moving to 2.8.13. Is anyone else using a negative sunrise offset with 2.8.13 having trouble, or was this just coincidental timing?

The offsets work fine here as well. Have you tried removing the offsets?

Rand

Occasionally the launch of the ISY console in MSIE will hang, before the admin console itself is loaded. The java "spinner" stops and it just sits there. This may have happened once or twice on .12 but it is happening all the time on .13 now.

However if I use Chrome it works fine - even immediately after MSIE fails.

I have never had Chrome hang.

I have cleared the Java cache and certificate several times. Immediately after I clear the cache MSIE will work, for a few times - then it happens again.

I notice this on my main system and my laptop.

Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks to all...

Install went fine upgraded from 7.8 to current, was abel to access the ISY once, the next time I tried was not abel to, I have tried the 6 methods on the install page (rather links) get publishers errors, cannot connect etc. I'm using IE9 beta but also was using it with 7.8 and it worked fine. Any thoughts, I cleared the certs from java also the history. I used to have a admin icon to get to ISY and that to has disappeared. using the ip address has no luck either. :roll:

Hello all!

Candide,

1. For your Windows 64 bit machine, you need both the 32 as well as the 64 bit JREs

2. Please do be kind enough to clear you Java cache and then use http://www.universal-devices.com/99i/2.8.13/admin.jnlp

polexian,

This means that the Admin Console was blocked from sending SSDP/UPnP discovery UDP packets. In most cases, the problem is that your firewall is blocking UPnP.

robandcatchy,

Reboot ISY, and note the sequence of lights on the front panel and post back.

With kind regards,

Michel

I upgraded from 2.7.15 to this version. This is the first update I have done and felt a little lost as to what I was doing but followed the directions and it seemed to go ok.

I did have an issue of having to point it to my http address.

Now when I start up using the last option in this list:

. IMPORTANT Once upgrade is completed and ISY reboots, use any of the following methods to access your ISY's Admin Console:

a. http://isy/admin - applet (Windows only)

b. http://isy/admin.jnlp - Java application (Windows only)

c. http://your.isy.ip.address/admin - applet

d. http://your.isy.ip.address/admin.jnlp - Java application

e. http://www.universal-devices.com/99i/2.8.13 - applet

f. http://www.universal-devices.com/99i/2.8.13/admin.jnlp - Java application

if says not found and presents a table of available HTTP addresses with mine as the only available. If I double click on my address it loads and all is fine.

I have to do this each time I start up so I feel something is a miss?

Hello ELA,

Sincere apologies for tardy reply.

Not found means that your firewall is blocking UDP packets. This could happen if ISY's IP changed when rebooted.

Please make sure to clear your Java cache and retry.

Also, when you are done, I strongly recommend upgrading to 2.8.14. If you are still having problems, please contact our support and we'll take care of it for you.

With kind regards,

Michel

Hello Michel and thank you for your kind reply,

During the upgrade it failed and I used the line below to make it pass - even though I am on a pc.

MAC users: if upgrade fails, please add https://your.isy.ip.address to ISY Finder (see 3f above)

So I am for sure using the original address that was used previous to the upgrade.

Are you saying that the ISY might have automatically been assgined a new address at boot and that is now different then the original I had used before the upgrade? If so then why would it work when I select the old address? I will check the ISY to see what address it is now at vs. old address.

I am very confused by the constant recommendations to clear the java cache?

As far as I know- I have been doing that constantly without a positive result.

Can you explain or point me to an explanation since I am not familiar at all with java? Why so many options to reconnect as posted in the first post? Are they all created equal?

Hello ELA,

1. Yes, ISY's IP address may change if it's set to DHCP and if the router decides to give it a new IP address

2. Java keeps cache of downloaded applets and applications. In most cases, you do not need to clear Java cache but if you have your browser open, the cache will not get cleared and thus you might be using the OLD Admin Console

3. The options to get to ISY are not equal:

a. Those with http://your.isy.ip require you to KNOW your ISY's IP address ... The Admin Console will not seach for an ISY

b. Those from our website will search your network for an ISY so you do not have to know the IP address

c. Those with .jnlp are applications so you do NOT need to have the browser open all the time

d. In the case of Windows, you can use http://isy on your LOCAL network to find ISY

If you still cannot get to the Admin Console, please call our tech support so that we can take care of it as soon as possible.

With kind regards,

Michel