Official Firmware Release: 2.8.16

Michel Kohanim

I upgraded from .15 yesterday and it seems I have a problem similar to one I had several revisions back.

It seems that after the ISY is running for some period of time, I lose IP connectivity to the ISY. It works after a power off/on but then notice it will stop responding to any requests.

What information is needed to help isolate this instead of just powering it off and back on?

Thanks.

I am still having issues with IP connectivity. Is anyone else having these problems? I noticed that I still have ISY programs that are working, I just can't browse to the ISY, ping it and my Elk integration is totally broken. Only comes back after a reboot of the ISY.

I have verified the network side of things.

I'm having a similar problem. I can ping my ISY, but I'm unable to navigate to http://isy or http://ip-address. I reboot the ISY and connectivity is restored, but will stop working after a while.

-- David

I too am now having the trouble. I just upgraded this weekend. Everything had been fine before. I upgraded last night, and I've had to power cycle the ISY twice since. This last time, it was only online for 2 hours. When I reset it and login to the admin console, I see about 5-10 min. of "System Busy" progress bars coming and going. It eventually settles down. There's nothing in the system error log..... HELP!

Brian

Hello Brian,

1. Do you have self signed certificates?

2. If you have a good backup, please factory reset your ISY and then let me know if it stays up

3. If it does, please go to Tools | Diagnostics | PLM Status/Info and let me know what you see

With kind regards,

Michel

Michel,

1) I do not believe I have a certificate installed. When I go to "Request/Manage Certificate". my only option is to install a cert. Do I need a cert now??

2) I've got a good backup. I'll reset it this evening and report back in a day or two. So far, I've not made it 24 hours without it dropping off the network.

3) It presently says "F.D4.D3 v85 / Connected" (I haven't reset it yet). Just in case you're expecting it to change.....

Update: I did the factory reset. I guess we'll see what happens.

Brian

Hi Brian,

Thanks so very much. This will be the only test necessary to figure out if the problem is with configuration or hardware.

In the meantime, if you have not factory reset yet, would you be kind enough to send us your error logs (support@universal-devices.com).

Thanks and with kind regards,

Michel

Unfortunately, I have. Do the error logs survive a normal power-cycle?? If so, and it locks up again, I'll send it.

BTW, do you recognize these messages:

5/31/2011 7:21:07 PM ISY Insteon COMM: Failed to get response from ISY (The remote server returned an error: (501) Not Implemented.).

5/31/2011 7:21:07 PM ISY Insteon COMM: for command: [DOF0A AD CE 30]

5/31/2011 7:21:07 PM ISY Insteon COMM: Failed to get response from ISY (The remote server returned an error: (501) Not Implemented.).

5/31/2011 7:21:07 PM ISY Insteon COMM: for command: [DOF0A AD CE 40]

5/31/2011 7:21:08 PM ISY Insteon COMM: Failed to get response from ISY (The remote server returned an error: (501) Not Implemented.).

5/31/2011 7:21:08 PM ISY Insteon COMM: for command: [DOF0A AD CE 50]

5/31/2011 7:21:08 PM ISY Insteon COMM: Failed to get response from ISY (The remote server returned an error: (501) Not Implemented.).

5/31/2011 7:21:08 PM ISY Insteon COMM: for command: [DOF0A AD CE 60]

This is in response to pressing the main "off" button on KeypadLinc 6. It's supposed to turn off all my basement lights. Not sure if this error is from the ISY, the ISY plugin, or the KP6 itself.

Thanks.

Brian

Hi Brian,

Yes, both the error logs as well as the logs are persistent (unless you do a factory reset).

I do not recognize these errors. Where are they coming from and which plugin are you referring to?

With kind regards,

Michel

Well, it locked up again shortly after midnight. How do I get the log to you?? I don't seen an option to upload a file to this post....

The plugin is the one available for HomeSeer. Here:

http://store.homeseer.com/store/X-P751.aspx

Brian

Hi Brian,

I am so very sorry to hear. This is not good.

Please do be kind enough to send your error log to support@universal-devices.com and we'll take a look at it.

Also, would you please disable the plugin and see if you are still having the same issues?

With kind regards,

Michel

Disabling it will be a bit problematic, since my home automation system relies on that Homeseer link, but I'll give it a shot overnight.

It was locked again when I got home... dropped off the network again at 9:57am EST., about 5 hours after I reset it this morning. There was nothing new in the error log from this morning, but the log has been sent as requested.

One other question.. I believe I saw in another post that the ISY has DoS protection?? Do you know what the threshold is? Is it any network traffic, specific types of traffic?? The same HomeSeer system that links to the ISY also polls it on the network to make sure it's still available. Could that do what I'm seeing??

Barring a nearterm resolution to this issue... can I downgrade the firmware?? Can I go back to an older version?? I think I was on 1.7.x and I never had a lockup.....

Thanks for your time.

Brian

• 3 months later...

Release 2.8.16 does not support the new RemoteLinc 2 Keypad model 2444. Is there an update coming out soon? I was able to get it into the ISY by calling it a 2440 but it's not a clean installation and appears to have more buttons then it realy does, six as apposed to the 2444's four buttons.

• 1 month later...

3.1.10 has the RemoteLinc2 supported.

Since it is not an official release. You have to manually update to it.

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=7108

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=6015

If you do use 3.1.10 to add a RL2. The reminder message to start it linking first. Is not showing and is to be corrected in the next drop. Just hold the SET button until the Green LED flashes before starting the process to add the RL2. Also there are three versions of the RL2. Verify you pick the correct one in the drop down device list.

• 2 weeks later...

Any word on support for the remotelinc2 in 2.8.16. I know it is supported in the 3.1.10 beta but I have already dealt with all kinds of headaches from the beta releases and will not go there again. My ISY is and has been working great for a long time now and I don't want to mess it up. I am still confused as to why there is two versions of firmware for the ISY. The 3.1.?? versions are always listed as beta. Are these the tests before a newer 2.8.?? comes out?

I now have about 24 Insteon devices and the ISY is great for managing them all. UDI support is also the best.

dennisric

Based on past observation 2.8.16 will not be updated. If incremental updates were applied to 2.8.16 code base it would become another Beta. The 2.8.x images evolved through a series of Beta releases until functional stability was reached. At that point the latest 2.8.16 image was designated as an Official release with new function/feature/device support being developed in a new series of Beta releases designated 3.1.xx. At some point 3.1.xx images will have evolved in both function and stability to the point where it is declared the next Official release. At that point new development will start with a new series of Betas, perhaps 3.2.xx.

I am not speaking for UDI so the image numbers and possible Official release numbers is simply a guess based on observations over the last 3 years.

For RemoteLinc2 support the choices are wait for the next Official release which will be some future 3.1.xx image or move to one of the Beta images. The 3.1.10/3.1.11 combination has been one of the best Beta images I have seen. It is still a Beta and more testing will be done by the users who chose to participate in the Beta program before one of the future images is designated Official.

Lee