mobile link pro app on iphone can't connect to server

appell

Help!! Was working for about 4 weeks, started getting unable to connect messages but after a few clicks was able to connect. Then it failed to connect and is now unable to sync or connect. I have an ISY99i. I unplugged my Apple Airport and re-powered. For about 3 seconds it looked like it was working then got the same message again. MobilelinkPro is using HTTPS for auto connect method in my home even though I have wifi through the airport. Universal Devices tech support thinks it may be a wireless issue but we can't seem to make it work. We checked all of the settings and everything appears to be right. Please help. I love this program when it works. :cry:

Have you tried assigning a static IP based on the ISY99i MAC address? if not, try this but set the IP outside of the DHCP range. You may be experiencing an IP mismatch. You can assign the static IP by going to the DHCP tab and adding it to the DHCP Reservations section. The ISY99i can stay on DHCP since the airport will assign the IP based on the MAC address. The MAC address can be found under the help -> About section of the Admin console. This is the same place that you get the ISP99i IP address normally. then just make sure the Mobilink has this same IP set.

Can you be more specific? Where is the Admin console? Where is the DHCP tap? What is an IP address outside the DHCP range? Can you call me and walk me through the process 949-382-5911? This is very new to me and I don't want to mess up the ISY settings so it doesn't work with the Insteon devices via the computer program from Universal Devices.

Thanks

Can you be more specific? Where is the Admin console? Where is the DHCP tap? What is an IP address outside the DHCP range? Can you call me and walk me through the process 949-382-5911? This is very new to me and I don't want to mess up the ISY settings so it doesn't work with the Insteon devices via the computer program from Universal Devices.

Thanks

I may be able to call you over the weekend to try and help, but please try the Universal Devices tech support line 1st since they know this better than I and may be able to help you sooner. With that said;

I am assuming that you are using MAC since you said that you were using an "Airport" device. To set the DHCP.

1. click on the magnifying glass at the top right of your screen and type ".Airport Utility". This will bring up the utility for setting up the Airport.

2. select your airport and click on "Manual setup"

3. click on "Internet" at the top and select the "DHCP" tab.

4. In the DHCP Reservation section, click on the "+"

5. Type in a description (ex: ISY-99i" and select the MAC Address button then click on continue.

6. Type in the the MAC address for your ISY99i and the IPv4 Address. The IPv4 Address is the Ip address that you want the airport to assign to the ISY-99i. For example: use 10.0.1.210 for the IPv4 and the Airport will assign this to the ISY99i.

Note: to get the ISY99i MAC address, you need to do the following:

1. open the Universal Devices Administrative Console by opening a browser and going to http://www.universal-devices.com/99i. Use "admin" for both the username and password unless you have changed this already and then click on help. The MAC address is on the 1st line and looks something like this:

00:21:A9:01:11:89 ( i just made this up but you will have the same format).

Archived