Moving ISY-99i to new installation

ski2020

Hi,

I currently have an installation of about 30 insteon devices (switchlinks, keypads, EZIOs, pana camera, motions, venstar Tstat) working great with the ISY-99i IR and about 20 programs. I am just finishing a new house which will be have about 150 devices. All the wiring is done, documented, switches located appropriately.

I am looking for an advice or words of wisdom wrt migrating my ISY-99i IR to the new installation. I would like to preserve some of the programs I have written, though some devices will change (I may bring a few of the insteon switches with me on the move). And of course I do not want old links in the ISY-99 to mess up the new installation. For instance, should I Restore the PLM?

Thanks.

Hi ski2020,

My recommendation is to start with a new installation and a new PLM. Keep the old PLM in tact for backup.

Also, backup only your programs, restore them and then updated them based on the new devices. This way, you are not bound by having to use the same device/location combination in the new house.

BTW: congratulations on your new house!

With kind regards,

Michel

Thank you for the response.

My recommendation is to start with a new installation and a new PLM. Keep the old PLM in tact for backup.

Do you mean to purchase a new PLM and keep the old one as backup? Or can I save the settings of the old PLM and then delete it?

Also, backup only your programs, restore them and then updated them based on the new devices. This way, you are not bound by having to use the same device/location combination in the new house.

How do I back up only the programs? I see how to backup the ISY. When I restore, do I choose to restore only the programs?

Best,

Ski

Archived