Running an event "Excel"

aLf

Is it OK to run and event spreadsheet via remote over the internet to ISY? If so, this would be a good piece of mind maintenance task that would help keep tabs of any lights that turn on (that shouldn't) while away. Also is it OK to set-up programs via remote? Does leaving the remote window open for a period of time cause any operational problems for ISY? Does doing remote access often cause any operational problems? Thanks.

aLf

OK, so I had the courage to try! I logged in via the internet and then as slow as it was, I pulled down the tools, then I took an Excel snapshot of the past few days. I truly expected to see only the activity which was scheduled in ISY. Here is a copy of something that was in the log. I know what the "log" item is and I expected that, but what is the "system" log? What I've attached is only one of about 50 "system" logs that particular day and all in a group repeated about 50 times in a row.

My Lighting System System 12/31/07 8:07 System -5011

Scene:All OFF Off 0 12/31/07 8:20 Scheduler Log

Again, the scene I know, but what is the line above?

Thanks,

aLf

d_l,

You are right on!

This is what it means (sorry for the long technical overview):

Every time a client logs in and authenticates to ISY, it receives a subscription ID (SID). ISY maintains the subscriptions and makes sure there are no non-responsive clients out there. As such, each client MUST exit normally otherwise you will see -5011 which in short means:

1. ISY found the client not responding (maybe the computer went to standby with ISY's client open or maybe there was a network connection issue) and therefore expired the subscription

2. The client came back on line and issued a request using the previous SID which ISY had already expired

aLf,

You can do anything you would do locally remotely as well. I haven't seen your log (it was not attached) but what else do you see beyond the -5011?

With kind regards,

Michel

That looks like an error message:

-5011 PROCESS DEVICE STATE CHANGE SID NOT FOUND

What exactly that means, I do not know.

http://www.universal-devices.com/mwiki/ ... r_Messages

Michel:

That is all it said, but it wrote that line about 50 times! I did indeed get dropped from my internet connection. Is this anything to worry about? I'll e-mail the entire "excel" sheet via your email.

aLf

Hi aLf,

Nothing to worry about ... 50 times: an event is sent for each device/state in your ISY. So, depending on when the connection was dropped, and what you were doing, you might get up to the number of devices in your ISY times 12 (the number of operations which can be done on a device).

In short, don't worry about it at all. You can use the filter to look only at the logs

With kind regards,

Michel

Michel:

That is all it said, but it wrote that line about 50 times! I did indeed get dropped from my internet connection. Is this anything to worry about? I'll e-mail the entire "excel" sheet via your email.

aLf

Archived