X10 address associations for INSTEON device nodes

evilpete

Like many people, I use a hybrid of INSTEON and X10 and most or my INSTEON are also configured with a x10 address. Because of this, on my ISY99 I have some devices listed by both their INSTEON and X10 addresses.

eg: "Front_light" & "Front_light_x10"

Something I have noticed is that when a light on is operated via remote X10 command the ISY99 does not update the sibling INSTEON device entry. I understand why this is happening given the light is represented by two device nodes on the Isy99 and the ISY does not know of the associating.

for example :

if you have a INSTEON device node called front_light

and a X10 device node called front_light_x10 (representing the same physical device)

if the X10 device node front_light_x10 is turn on or off via a x10 remote command

(from my heyu system or via a X10 RF remote or x10 motion sensor or a X10 "all lights off" command.) ,

the ISY99 processes the state change for "front_light_x10" but not "front_light"

This situation also applies if i send a X10 "all lights off" command.

This would be fix with scenes, but for technical reasons X10 devices can not be supported in scenes.

One can sorta fix or work around his by creating a program for every device entry, but a cleaner fix would be the feature to add an X10/A10 address ( alias ? ) for a INSTEON device node or link the states of two nodes.

• 4 weeks later...
Hello evilpete,

Very interesting but currently we do not have an alias facilities. I would love to say we would implement it but the major issue is the current workload. So, the best I can do is to put it on our list.

With kind regards,

Michel

As a work around I removed the X10 address from a few of my Insteon device and have programs that wait for the X10 on / off command and trigger the appropriate device / scene

Archived