Local control on a single KPL button doesn't work

Rob

Hello,

I have a KPL in 6 button mode where a single button is not reporting local control. In the event viewer (set to Device Communication Events) when I press the button, there is no activity in the Event Viewer. When I press any other button on the KPL, the control event is detected and the appropriate program is triggered. I've tried restoring the KPL to no avail. It had been working in the past but at some point stopped.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Rob

Rob

Two approaches. Run Tools | Diagnostics | Show Device Links Table. Look for an E2 (Controller) link record with the second byte being the Group number of the button that is not working.

E2 01 plm address - supports ON/OFF buttons

E2 03 plm address - supports Secondary button A

E2 04 plm address - supports Secondary button B

E2 05 plm address - supports Secondary button C

E2 06 plm address - supports Secondary button D

The second approach and the solution to a missing/corrupted link record is to right click on the KPL node in My Lighting tree and select Restore Device. This can be done as the first approach if not interested in what is in the KPL now.

The other possibility is the corresponding A2 (Responder) link record in the PLM is missing/corrupted representing the specific KPL button. A Show PLM Links Table displays the link records in the PLM

A2 xx KPL address

where xx is the number 01, 03, 04, 05, 06 associated with the button as described above.

If this link record is missing a File | Restore Modem (PLM) rebuilds the PLM link table, This command can take a long time to run so it is not normally run unless known to be needed. The Restore Device for the KPL is much quicker, normally a minute or two depending on how many Scenes the KPL is associated with.

If both link records are there then the tact switch for the KPL button could be defective. Does the KPL LED turn On/Off with button press, just no notification to the ISY. If the LED is turning On/Off it is not the tact switch.

In very rare cases a short power interruption can cause a KPL to lock up. Normally this keeps all buttons from working rather than an individual button. Pulling the Air Gap switch for a minute or two and restoring will clear a locked KPL. Be careful not to push the Air Gap past the level of the frame. Otherwise the KPL can be factory reset which does require a Restore Device to resolve.

Lee

Many thanks Lee and Michel, it's working now.

I had already restored the KPL before I posted and just happened to have restored the PLM as well (replaced it w/ a dual band). This time, as per Lee's suggestion, I did a factory reset on the KPL before doing a restore. That did the trick.

Thanks!

Rob

Archived