Insteon Motion detectors REv.2.0

remedy1234

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Tim,

I am not sure what you are doing but something is quite amiss! The error says that you are trying to access the SSL port (443) using HTTP.

What URL are you using? Have you reconfigured your network?

You might want to try our website URL for the current firmware version you have in your ISY:

http://www.universal-devices.com/99i/[version]/admin.jnlp

If you have our official 2.8.16 release, you can simply remove the version from the URL.

With kind regards,

Michel

Hi Michel

All I did was Change the port from 80 to 443 in ISY.I had it set to 50030 berfore I had talk to you and that did not work.I have a apple extreme router and I set it up like did "smartlinc"with port 443.When ISy ask me to reboot is when I could not get back to it.I do have a back up should I factory reset and restore?

Thanks Tim

Hi Michel

All I did was Change the port from 80 to 443 in ISY.I had it set to 50030 berfore I had talk to you and that did not work.I have a apple extreme router and I set it up like did "smartlinc"with port 443.When ISy ask me to reboot is when I could not get back to it.I do have a back up should I factory reset and restore?

Thanks Tim

Hi Michel

Smartlinc has a default port 80 that I switched to a different port that matched the one I put in my router.I thought is was the same.There should be a block on that or a warning.

Thanks I'll let you know how I made out. When I port forward all I have to do is change the setting in the router? Do I do anything in ISY?

Tim

Hi Michel

OK! I finaly figured it out.I had it the whole time.I have mobile linc pro I was testing it on off of my phone,I would switch it to WiFi/3G

to see if I had internet connection.When I first bought ISY I had a cisco router and changed it to a Apple extreme.The local and secure ip's were different the mobil linc pro had the old router address.Then every time I change the port in the router and click the enable internet it would come back (Failed).I assumed that it was not connected but my router is not a UNnP.Then I read"Once port forwarding is configured in the router you DO NOT need to use the ISY Enable Internet Access option"Thanks for all your patience!!

I should be getting new motions in,hopefully that will take care of my other issue.

Thanks so much

Tim

Hi Michel

OK! I finaly figured it out.I had it the whole time.I have mobile linc pro I was testing it on off of my phone,I would switch it to WiFi/3G

to see if I had internet connection.When I first bought ISY I had a cisco router and changed it to a Apple extreme.The local and secure ip's were different the mobil linc pro had the old router address.Then every time I change the port in the router and click the enable internet it would come back (Failed).I assumed that it was not connected but my router is not a UNnP.Then I read"Once port forwarding is configured in the router you DO NOT need to use the ISY Enable Internet Access option"Thanks for all your patience!!

I should be getting new motions in,hopefully that will take care of my other issue.

Thanks so much

Tim

Hi Michel

Thanks so much

Tim

Hi Michel

I have the new motion detectors.I am still having the same problem.I can get it to linc to a scene but ISY shows status in low battery only.When the motion turns on the light the light does not show on status either.I do hve other motions on the system that show status.I disabled the motion and than enable it,the staus on the sensor showed off but would not change to on when I pressed the set button.(I have someone interested in this system to have floods lights come on for security at late hours at night and disable them for normal use dark hours but I need the status to work to do that????

Thanks Tim

Archived