Official Release 3.1.17 Is Now Available

Michel Kohanim

I've manually downgraded to 2.8.16, but it appears that not everything has gone back to the previous version. The HTML page still displays the 3.1.17 version with the blue background, but is now non-functional because I am using firmware 2.8.16. I am still having difficulties restoring functionality to my Venstar 2491T. How do I completely restore my ISY-99i to firmware 2.8.16?

Did you clear the Java cache and perhaps went back to the 2.8.16 URL if you switched to something new to get to 3.1.17. For sure the Java cache has to be cleared.

If you did not clear the Java cache going into 3.1.17 that would also be a problem at 3.1.17.

Yes, I cleared it, but the problem I'm having has nothing to do with the Java component. It appears that the http://192.168.1.x/WEB/INDEX.HTM file is not restored when downgrading to 2.8.16 so I am unable to use this on my remote devices anymore. Is there some way to revert back to the way the ISY was when it was running 2.8.16?

I've reverted back to 3.1.17 because I could not fully downgrade to 2.8.16. I've cleared my java cache. I re-added the 2491T thermostat while it was in OFF mode. It still doesn't report the temperature to the ISY. I really don't know what to do. Either the 3.1.17 firmware has a serious bug, or it somehow damaged my thermostat. Everything was working fine before when I was using 2.8.16, but now I can't even get it to work when I try to downgrade to 2.8.16.

Hello Capra,

What happens if you query the thermostat? Does it report its status properly? Please note that there was no official support for 2491T in 2.8.16. So, please do NOT downgrade.

Also, do you get status feedback from any of the other devices you have?

The fact that you can no longer access ISY remotely tells me that ISY's IP address has changed. As such, I must ask: do you have a firewall software on your computer? And, if so, have you added the new IP address for ISY in the white list/trusted zone for your firewall?

With kind regards,

Michel

Hello Capra,

What happens if you query the thermostat? Does it report its status properly? Please note that there was no official support for 2491T in 2.8.16. So, please do NOT downgrade.

If I query the thermostat, it returns the temperature = 0, humidity = 0, and mode = OFF...even though these are not correct.

Also, do you get status feedback from any of the other devices you have?

Yes, everything else functions correctly. All status feedbacks are correct.

The fact that you can no longer access ISY remotely tells me that ISY's IP address has changed. As such, I must ask: do you have a firewall software on your computer? And, if so, have you added the new IP address for ISY in the white list/trusted zone for your firewall?

No. The IP has not changed. It has a reserved IP on my router. I have since moved back to 3.1.17 because downgrading 2.8.16 did not restore the old version of the HTML page (the old one with the table view and the grey buttons), making the ISY useless for access from the web. All it would show is the 3.1.17 version of HTML page (with the blue background) and no devices to choose from.

I have antivirus software which I had already configured with the appropriate exceptions.

The only thing that changed before my thermostat malfunctioned was the upgrade from firmware 2.8.16 to firmware 3.1.17. I'm not sure how that would cause a failure like this, but I guess I'll be calling SmartHome to get a replacement device.

The tstat was added to 3.1.17 in the wrong mode (Off mode was not set per previous post). That may have put the tstat in a bad state. Nothing command wise can physically damage a device. Suggest deleting the tatat from the ISY, Factory reset the adaptor, add it back in Off mode.

The tstat was added to 3.1.17 in the wrong mode (Off mode was not set per previous post). That may have put the tstat in a bad state. Nothing command wise can physically damage a device. Suggest deleting the tatat from the ISY, Factory reset the adaptor, add it back in Off mode.

Believe me, I have done this 3 times already. Factory reset of the adapter and re-add in OFF mode. When I get home, I will also try resetting the thermostat itself to factory default settings and try again. Failing that, I'm sending it back under warranty.

UI Bugs in Mac:

Variable names have the bottom of text cut off when trying to edit.

Adjust Scene Level window has right hand side cut off.

Ongoing bug not related to UI:

Daylight Saving time change. Programs again fail to run. See also:

viewtopic.php?p=45995#p45995

viewtopic.php?p=55196#p55196

Variable Names - I can confirm

Adjust Scene Level - Not sure which window, the one I thought it was looks fine

DST Issue - My programs ran fine this morning

Illusion/Adnyf0,

Thanks so very much. The DST issue is a bug not easily reproduced but a bug anyway. It shall be fixed as soon as possible:

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=8279&p=62791#p62791

Illusion, would you be kind enough to take some screenshots and send to support@universal-devices.com? We'll make sure they are fixed in the next release.

With kind regards,

Michel

Installed 3.1.17 without issue last night. Then had to do some troubleshooting and noticed what I think is a change.

Was I not able to see Insteon commands sent out from a keypad in the Diagnostics->Event Viewer before? I am now seeing only ISY-initiated commands being sent. And as reported earlier in the thread, changes made external to the ISY are no longer being reflected in the status screens unless the particular device is manually queried.

So it feels like some non-ISY event tracking has been lost.

Bruce Clarke

I upgraded last month to 3.17 but have just gotten around to email notifications. Like the other poster, only the first email sends and then I get an Server timeout error. I am not using First Name Last Name: email setting. Not sure which version notifications last worked on, but it was beta 3.xx something. Sorry I can't be more specific. I usually only turn them on when I am going away for a couple of days.

Here is a screen shot of my settings. Works for first email only, but used to work all the time.

post-1824-140474155653_thumb.jpg

dansmith

The email problem is fixed in beta 3.2.0 which was released today. There are special URLs for accessing the Admin Console for 3.2.0 beyond the normal special URLs for accessing a beta Admin Console. There is a glitch in the area of Programs in the initial 3.2.0 Admin Console which UDI has fixed. The Admin Console containing the Program fix must be pulled from the UDI web site. There is a post in the 3.2.0 Available topic that lists the two URLs. This will be fixed in another beta drop Monday at the latest (also described in the same forum post from Michel).

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=8320&start=15

about the 6th post on page 2 of this topic is the post from Michel containing the special URLs for accessing the 3.2.0 Admin Console fix.

I'm trying to upgrade from 3.1.9 and I keep getting "failed uploading file (reported written size is invalid)" and Socket open failed broken pipe errors. My ISY is connected to a switch which is connect to an Apple router. I've plugged my Macbook into the switch, plugged both into the router and I've also tried manually updating and I get the same error. Progress gets to 2%, hangs, then errors. Why does this have to be so difficult?

The zip I downloaded is 5.1MB. It must have something to do with my router. I have port forwarding and an assigned IP to my ISY. Not sure how to set my router to allow the file or whatever it's trying to do. I don't have AV since I'm on a Mac.