What's in the next release (2.8.16)

Chris Jahn

Hello again:

rlebel

We decided not to remove Fan Mode because many third party clients depend on the position of the properties. Only the main node should show up in the device page. Please note that the thermostat should be in the OFF mode before you link it to ISY.

As far are remote connectivity/Admin Console/PC, what error do you get AND which URL are you using to access your ISY?

wwat/brad77/tahoe

On the Email/Notifications Panel, remove all rules and click on Save. Then retry. Unfortunately as much as I tried reproducing this behavior, I cannot ...

tahoe

If you would want to be notified of Tstat changes, then you have to remove and reinstall them using Start Linking when they are in OFF mode. Otherwise, you will still have to query them all the time.

jkraus

Thanks for the update.

With kind regards,

Michel

Michel, if you are not going to remove Fan mode I suggest you change it so that it does nothing and perhaps rename it to . As it is, what does it do? If it turns the fan to On, what mode does it otherwise leave the thermostat in?

You are correct that I do not see the four devices in the Devices page, but they are on the Main page of the Admin console. Are you saying that is correct behavior?

When I try to connect to the Admin console remotely (now confirmed on two different PCs) it hangs for a very long time loading the Java app, then asks for login credentials and reports a timeout making the connection in the Java console.

Another problem, again Mac gui: the email recipients add does not work at all: when I double click on the n/a I get a popup that has the "Regular email" pull down but the Add button is dimmed.

rlebel,

What URL are you using? Are you going directly to ISY's remote IP address? What happens if you use http://www.universal-devices.com/99i/2.7.8/admin.jnlp instead and then add the remote URL?

I was using the direct URL; using the procedure you suggested worked.

Fan mode cannot be null ... we can probably rename it and have it to nothing.

With kind regards,

Michel

Well, was just a suggestion for some word that implies it should not be used.

You did not answer this question: are the four thermostat devices in the Main window of the Admin console the correct behavior?

Hi Michel

I am not sure I now understand the working of new Mutual exclisve screen in 2.7.8. It is unfamiliar format but also suggested not using the feature but doing it thru scenes, which does not make sense to me. Also, the ME buttons I had programmed previously, although still working, do not seem to show up in this new screen.

OK, I retested everything after using the start linking method.

The significant issues I noticed are:

1. Fan state is now commanded every time a mode change is made. This leads me to believe that CLIFS is not an item that can be queried. Unfortunately, upon power up, fan state is not correctly reported in any modes.

2. Set points will be zero upon power up and even after a query in any of the program modes. Thus this leads to confusing and misleading information in third party apps like eKeypad ISY and iLinc Pro the way it is currently implemented. The question is can the ISY query CLISP,C,H values even in program modes?

3. Wasn't fan mode to be removed?

Questions

If this is the way it works given some technical limitation, then is the work around to execute a program upon power up to:

1. Command the mode to auto and fan state to auto upon power up at least once, then set the mode and fan to your preferred states to get the ISY and tstat to sync up?

2. Or is there a way to query/report the CLIFS, CLISP, CLISPH, CLIPSC values during a query upon power up and/or when mode changes are mode?

Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Elvis

jkraus

Please take a look at this post under KPL Button Groupings

http://forum.universal-devices.com/viewtopic.php?t=3717 . In short, I do not recommend using this dialog at all and instead create those groups within scenes that they belong. This way, you will also get the correct status of the buttons in ISY without having to query them.

rlebel

If the other method worked, I can only think of two reasons:

1. Your computers were using the previous cached version of the applet/application (you have to close all your browsers for clearing the cache to work)

2. 2.7.8 was not installed properly. Did you have any interruptions while installing 2.7.8?

Yes, those other nodes can be used as controllers in other scenes.

With kind regards,

Michel

brad77

Did you see a "Migrated" entry? And, if so, was it populated with your previous list?

Michel-

The migrated entry was indeed there after upgrading. In my experimentation, however, I deleted it. I am now unable to add any addresses. Following the steps I described, I am able to create notification entries, but I cannot add email/text addresses to them.

Thanks for working on New Year's Day!

Update: I tried updating notification entries in IE instead of Firefox and was able to add addresses successfully. I will continue to experiment to see if I can identify why it's happening for me.

Thanks!

Hi brad77,

Thanks so very much for the update. I really do think this is a Java cache issue.

Would you be kind enough to try any one of the following URLs:

http://www.universal-devices.com/99i/2.7.8/admin.jnlp OR

http://isy/admin.jnlp (you can now find ISY by simply typing http://isy in your browser)

With kind regards,

Michel

Hi Elvis,

The main issue is that the thermostat is not queried when first added to ISY.

All controls including CLIFS, CLISPH/C are queryable and you should be able to query them both in programs as well as manually.

Fan Mode was not removed (please see previous posts).

With kind regards,

Michel

1. Regardless of the fact the tstat is not queried when first added, once power is cycled or the isy is reboot, the ISY does not restore the FS in any mode and SPs in program modes.

2. In program auto mode, when I perform a manual query of the tstat, I only see messages for ST, CLIMD/SP/HUM and do not see CLIFS/SPC/SPH.

3. In auto mode, I see query messages for ST,CLIMD/SP/SPC/SPH/HUM, but not CLIFS

4. I do not see where these states can be queried individually in programs. Only query as a device.

It appears to me that not all values are queried in all modes.

Elvis

Hi Elvis,

Upon ISY reboot, ISY does not have any knowledge of what the state of a tstat is and all should be queried. If you do NOT see this behavior, then there's something wrong.

As far as the program mode, we will have to check into it to see what's going on under the covers.

With kind regards,

Michel

Correction: After adding, removing and updating a number of entries in IE, the notifications recipient field stopped updating. Then after closing the browser, clearing its cache, then clearing my Java cache things worked again for a short time. Rinse and repeat.

I cannot tell exactly what is causing it, but I can get it to happen reliably.

Hi all,

jcthorne

Please do be kind enough to unplug and plug your EZRain back in and let me know. The issues as far as querying the EZrain have always been the same and have not changed. Try querying zone 1.

With kind regards,

Michel

Tried unplug and replug both EZrain devices. Still no luck. The ISY does not appear to even TRY to query the device. I tried manually querying each of the 16 zones, the 'system busy' popup never even comes up. Its not reporting a communications failure, it just does not seem to execute the command. Event viewer shows no activity when trying to query either EZrain.

Thanks,

James

Hi Elvis,

Upon ISY reboot, ISY does not have any knowledge of what the state of a tstat is and all should be queried. If you do NOT see this behavior, then there's something wrong.

As far as the program mode, we will have to check into it to see what's going on under the covers.

With kind regards,

Michel

I sent UDI support an updated test results matrix that inlcudes log artifacts in case you need it. In short, FS is incorrect in ALL modes upon power up or manual query. SPs are incorrect in program modes upon power up or manual query.

Elvis,

Hi brad77,

Finally got to reproduce it. The problem is this:

- In the dialog where you enter email addresses, if you hit the Cancel button once then as long as your Admin Console is on, ISY considers that dialog canceled (incorrectly maintains its state).

Already fixed but, as a work around for now, please try not to cancel that dialog!

Thanks so very much and with kind regards,

Michel

Correction: After adding, removing and updating a number of entries in IE, the notifications recipient field stopped updating. Then after closing the browser, clearing its cache, then clearing my Java cache things worked again for a short time. Rinse and repeat.

I cannot tell exactly what is causing it, but I can get it to happen reliably.

Hi James,

Querying an EZRain is one command which takes less than a 1 second to complete. As such, you will not see any dialogs. To ensure this is the case:

1. Tools | Diagnostics | Event Viewer on level 3

2. Query the FIRST zone (ends with a 1 in the address)

If you do not see any traffic on the event viewer then please do let me know.

With kind regards,

Michel

Hi all,

jcthorne

Please do be kind enough to unplug and plug your EZRain back in and let me know. The issues as far as querying the EZrain have always been the same and have not changed. Try querying zone 1.

With kind regards,

Michel

Tried unplug and replug both EZrain devices. Still no luck. The ISY does not appear to even TRY to query the device. I tried manually querying each of the 16 zones, the 'system busy' popup never even comes up. Its not reporting a communications failure, it just does not seem to execute the command. Event viewer shows no activity when trying to query either EZrain.

Thanks,

James

Hello Elvis, have not received it yet. Please send it to support@universal-devices.com.

Thanks and with kind regards,

Michel

Hi Elvis,

With kind regards,

Michel

I sent UDI support an updated test results matrix that inlcudes log artifacts in case you need it. In short, FS is incorrect in ALL modes upon power up or manual query. SPs are incorrect in program modes upon power up or manual query.

Elvis,

I have the four tstat entries as well. They are not going to bother me for the forseeable future, but I am curious as to the resolution of this issue.

Other than that everything is working fine...

Joe

Michel explained this a number of posts back: they are there so you can say, for example, IF Thermostat Cooling is On .... I'm not sure why that couldn't be just one of the many tests that you could do on the main thermostat status.

Edit: Oh, now I understand, you can have put the device in as a controller for a scene so you could, for example, have a light go on when the Thermostat went to Cool mode. Not sure why you would want to do that but it is a capability of the v2.0 thermostats that UDI made accessible to us. I guess having some KPL buttons show you when heat or AC is running might be nice.

I am getting dozens of entries like this:

uuid:00	 	Fri 01/01/2010 11:34:58 PM	System	-5011

This happened before 2.8.8 occasionally, but it seems to be more frequent now. Also, most times that I log into the java admin console, the status is "System Busy" (these are probably related).

Any thoughts?

I have the four tstat entries as well. They are not going to bother me for the forseeable future, but I am curious as to the resolution of this issue.

Other than that everything is working fine...

Joe

Michel explained this a number of posts back: they are there so you can say, for example, IF Thermostat Cooling is On .... I'm not sure why that couldn't be just one of the many tests that you could do on the main thermostat status.

Edit: Oh, now I understand, you can have put the device in as a controller for a scene so you could, for example, have a light go on when the Thermostat went to Cool mode. Not sure why you would want to do that but it is a capability of the v2.0 thermostats that UDI made accessible to us. I guess having some KPL buttons show you when heat or AC is running might be nice.

Not sure yet why anyone would want to add it so a scene either, unless one needs to open a damper or turn on a secondary HVAC device. I'm considering removing the device and using the manual "add insteon device" method, which I did initially and didn't create 4 entries. I had less issues that way.